Everyone has got their own reasons for loving or hating autumn, but the truth is, no one can stay indifferent during this charming season. You may think that it’s cheesy, but no other season can boast of such an amazing riot of colors. Besides for god’s sake, when else will you be drinking hot tea while wrapped up in a cozy blanket? So, if you like autumn as we do, don’t miss the chance to read these wonderful fall quotes.
Best Famous Poems About Autumn
What is autumn? It’s when all warm colors meet and decide to dance their tango on the all trees and bushes. Famous poems about autumn will definitely remind you of the beautiful fall day.
No spring nor summer beauty hath
Such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
By John Donne
“O Autumn, laden with fruit, and stained
With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit
Beneath my shady roof; there thou mayst rest,
And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe,
And all the daughters of the year shall dance!
Sing now the lusty song of fruits and flowers…”
By William Blake
“O hushed October morning mild,
Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;
To-morrow’s wind, if it be wild,
Should waste them all…”
By Robert Frost
Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;
To bend with apples the moss’d cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For summer has o’er-brimm’d their clammy cells.
By John Keats
From Sunset to Star Rise
Go from me, summer friends, and tarry not:
I am no summer friend, but wintry cold,
A silly sheep benighted from the fold,
A sluggard with a thorn-choked garden plot.
Take counsel, sever from my lot your lot,
Dwell in your pleasant places, hoard your gold;
Lest you with me should shiver on the wold,
Athirst and hungering on a barren spot.
For I have hedged me with a thorny hedge,
I live alone, I look to die alone:
Yet sometimes, when a wind sighs through the sedge,
Ghosts of my buried years, and friends come back,
My heart goes sighing after swallows flown
On sometime summer’s unreturning track.
By Christina Georgina Rossetti
As Summer into Autumn slips
As Summer into Autumn slips
And yet we sooner say
“The Summer” than “the Autumn,” lest
We turn the sun away,
And almost count it an Affront
The presence to concede
Of one however lovely, not
The one that we have loved —
So we evade the charge of Years
On one attempting shy
The Circumvention of the Shaft
Of Life’s Declivity.
by Emily Dickinson
Amazing Short Quotes About Fall Season
Like to keep it short? Then let’s get straight to the point with these amazing short quotes about the fall season.
- “Autumn, the year’s last, loveliest smile.” – William Cullen Bryant
- “It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the Spring, who reaps a harvest in the Autumn.” – B. C. Forbes
- “Spring passes and one remembers one’s innocence. Summer passes and one remembers one’s exuberance. Autumn passes and one remembers one’s reverence. Winter passes and one remembers one’s perseverance.” – Yoko Ono
- “October is a symphony of permanence and change.” – Bonaro W. Overstreet
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – L.M. Montgomery
- “Aprils have never meant much to me, autumns seem that season of beginning, spring.” – Truman Capote
The most Inspirational Autumn Quotes
There’s nothing more inspirational in this world than autumn rainy days. Wait though, these inspirational autumn quotes can compete for this title.
- “We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away.” – Chuang Tzu
- “Youth is like spring, an over praised season more remarkable for biting winds than genial breezes. Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits.” – Samuel Butler
- “I’ve never known anyone yet who doesn’t suffer a certain restlessness when autumn rolls around… We’re all eight years old again and anything is possible.” – Sue Grafton
- “There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
- “Unless a tree has borne blossoms in spring, you will vainly look for fruit on it in autumn.” – Walter Scott
- “No man can taste the fruits of autumn while he is delighting his scent with the flowers of spring.” – Samuel Johnson
Nice Quotes on Fall Colors
Can’t really speak for everyone, but the soft autumn color palette is one of the most enchanting things I’ve ever seen. These quotes about fall color totally reflect this season’s beauty.
- “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” – George Eliot
- “It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.” – Sarah Addison Allen
- “Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.” – Stanley Horowitz
- “Now Autumn’s fire burns slowly along the woods and day by day the dead leaves fall and melt.” – William Allingham
- “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” – Jim Bishop
- “Autumn burned brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees.” – Faith Baldwin
The Most Beautiful Quotes About Fall Weather
Some say that the fall weather isn’t quite pleasant. However, since it’s mostly rainy and cold, we appreciate more the rare fall sunshine and warmth. Thanks to the most beautiful quotes on fall sunshine and fall weather you will get in the right autumn mood.
- “The autumn always gets me badly, as it breaks into colours. I want to go south, where there is no autumn, where the cold doesn’t crouch over one like a snow-leopard waiting to pounce.” – D.H. Lawrence
- “Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.” – Carol Bishop Hipps
- “There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves.” – Joe L. Wheeler
- “I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house. So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “I trust in nature for the stable laws of beauty and utility. Spring shall plant and autumn garner to the end of time.” – Robert Browning
- “He found himself wondering at times, especially in the autumn, about the wild lands, and strange visions of mountains that he had never seen came into his dreams.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Spectacular Quotes About Autumn Leaves
Having the chance to see all of the spectacular autumn colors and falling leaves is a true blessing. Reading not less spectacular quotes about autumn leaves is another.
- “Falling leaves hide the path so quietly.” – John Bailey
- “There is a part of me that will forever want to be walking under autumn leaves, carrying a briefcase containing the works of Shakespeare and Yeats and a portable chess set. I will pass an old tree under which once on a summer night I lay on the grass with a fragrant young woman and we quoted e.e. cummings back and forth.” –Roger Ebert
- “Nothing is more fleeting than external form, which withers and alters like the flowers of the field at the appearance of autumn.” – Umberto Eco
- “October gave a party; The leaves by hundreds came – The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples, and leaves of every name. The Sunshine spread a carpet, and everything was grand, Miss Weather led the dancing, Professor Wind the band.” – George Cooper
- “A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long.” – E. E. Cummings
- “You expected to be sad in the fall. Part of you died each year when the leaves fell from the trees and their branches were bare against the wind and the cold, wintery light. But you knew there would always be the spring, as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person died for no reason.” – Ernest Hemingway
Magical Quotes To Get Excited About the First Day of Fall
The very first day of autumn means that we’re a step closer to wearing our favorite coats and boots. We’ve rounded up the best quotes about autumn fashion and the first day of fall.
- “Designers want me to dress like Spring, in billowing things. I don’t feel like Spring. I feel like a warm red Autumn.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons into its winter wools.” – Henry Beston
- “Summer ends, and Autumn comes, and he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night.” – Hal Borland
- “Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.” – J.K. Rowling,
- “Or maybe spring is the season of love and fall the season of mad lust. Spring for flirting but fall for the untamed delicious wild thing.” – Elizabeth Cohen
- “Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn.” – Elizabeth Lawrence
Funny Phrases to Say ‘Hello September!’
September signifies that we are gonna celebrate Halloween and Thanksgiving Day soon. Greet September and autumn with these funny phrases and quotes about early autumn and wait for the rest of it to come.
- “By all these lovely tokens September days are here, With summer’s best of weather And autumn’s best of cheer.” – Helen Hunt Jackson
- “It’s like going back to school. You know, autumn! Time for ‘Harry Potter’.” – Robbie Coltraine
- “As early as the autumn of 1862, I was made very happy by being sent to school.” – John Sergeant Wise
- “Just before the death of flowers, and before they are buried in snow, there comes a festival season when nature is aglow.” – Unknown
- “Autumn burned brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees.” –Faith Baldwin
- “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.” –John Muir
Cute Autumn Love Quotes
Even when all the trees get rid of yellow leaves and prepare for the long winter dream, love never sleeps. That’s what cute autumn love quotes are about.
- “Though a tree grow ever so high, the falling leaves return to the root.”– Malay proverb
- “The leaves are all falling, and they’re falling like they’re falling in love with the ground.” – Andrea Gibson
- “There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.” – Louis L’Amour
- “We all change colors and lose our leaves… then we bloom again.” – Maria Lago
- “Autumn is an artist who uses an oak leaf on which to paint a masterpiece.” – William Allen Ward
- “Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day.” – Shira Tamir
Great Sayings About Happy Fall Time
If you can say: “Fall is my favorite season!”, these happy quotes and saying about happy fall time is exactly what you need.
- “It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life.” –P.D. James
- “Autumn wins you best by this its mute appeal to sympathy for its decay.” – Robert Browning
- “Beauty for some provides escape, who gain a happiness in eyeing the gorgeous buttocks of the ape or Autumn sunsets exquisitely dying.” – Langston Hughes
- “Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” – Nora Ephron
- “Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” – Lauren DeStefano
- “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” – Emily Bronte
Best Shakespeare Quotes About Autumn
Make a cup of hot chocolate and get inspired by how William Shakespeare described the beauty of the autumn season.
- “… the spring, the summer, The chilling autumn, angry winter, change Their wonted liveries; and the mazed world By their increase, now knows not which is which.” – William Shakespeare
- “Beware the ides of March.” – William Shakespeare
- “The teeming autumn, big with rich increase,
Bearing the wanton burden of the prime,
Like widow’d wombs after their lords’ decease.”
( William Shakespeare, Sonnet 97, 6-8)
- “That time of year thou mayst in me behold
When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang
Upon those boughs which shake against the cold,
Bare ruined choirs, where late the sweet birds sang.” (William Shakespeare, 73rd sonnet)
- “But like of each thing that in season grows.” – William Shakespeare
The Greatest Quotes and Images to Welcome Fall and Equinox
There’re lots of interesting things going on in autumn, but one of the most interesting is fall equinox. So, welcome fall season with these great quotes, sayings and images.
- “Days decrease, / And autumn grows, autumn in everything.” – Robert Browning
- “Such days of autumnal decline hold a strange mystery which adds to the gravity of all our moods.” – Charles Nodier
- “He is outside of everything, and alien everywhere. He is an aesthetic solitary. His beautiful, light imagination is the wing that on the autumn evening just brushes the dusky window.” – Henry James