Grandmother, grandma, granny, nanna – these are the names of love, care, and wisdom. Grandmother’s house is the place where the most delicious pancakes are made. It’s the place where you are always welcomed. A grandma is a person who dotes on you and does everything for you. Having gained experience in the upbringing of your parents, a grandma is more patient and wiser and at the same time, she’s a lot more fun and compliant than your parents.
Grandmas are wonderful. They never run out of hugs, cookies, and warm sweaters. They like spoiling their beloved grandchildren. Who let you go out with your friends when you are supposed to be grounded in your room? Who takes you to the park and buys you an ice cream even though you’ve already reached the limit for today? Who tells you exciting stories? Yes, it’s your grandma.
Another proverb, but this time Welsh says: “Perfect love sometimes does not come till the first grandchild.” And it’s so cool that we as grandchildren can experience this perfect love. So, whether you want to congratulate your granny on Mother’s Day or just say warm words of love on any other day, get inspired by a great number of beautiful ‘I love you, grandma’ quotes and short grandma sayings.
It’s always hard to express the way you feel when someone close to you passes away. You may like some quotes in memory of granny or missing grandma quotes to honor her memory. Of course, they won’t ease the pain of loss, but at least will help you to find the right words to say.
We sincerely hope that you will like our selection of beautiful and heartwarming quotes about the grandmother.
Beautiful Short Grandma Sayings
- Grandma serves kisses, counsel and cookies daily.
- “Grandmother. The true power behind the power.”– Lisa Birnbach
- Grandmothers always have time to talk and make you feel special. Catherine Pulsifer
- A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend – Author Unknown
Touching Quotes about Grandma Who Passed Away
- It took me a long time to get used to the reality that my grandmother had passed away. Wherever I was, in the house, in the garden, out on the fields, her face always appeared so clearly to me. – Huynh Quang Nhuong
- My grandmother taught me everything except how to live without her…
“We had a wonderful grandmother,
One who never really grew old;
Her smile was made of sunshine,
And her heart was solid gold.”
By Author Unknown
- “I still loved Granny. It flowed out of my chest. With Granny gone, where would my love go?” – Jessica Maria Tuccelli
Heart-warming Great-grandma Quotes from Granddaughter
- A garden of Love grows in a Great Grandmother’s heart!
- Just when a grandma thinks her work is finished someone calls her “Great”!
- Happiness is being Great-grandmother!
Incredibly Cute Grandma and Granddaughter Quotes
- My grandmother is my angel on earth. – Catherine Pulsifer
- All grandmothers are made of gold, but mine sparkles.
Emotional Quotes in Memory of Granny
- “Having a grandmother is like having an army. This is a grandchild’s ultimate privilege: knowing that someone is on your side, always, whatever the details. Even when you are wrong. Especially then, in fact. A grandmother is both a sword and a shield.” – Fredrik Backman
- You were my anchor; without you I am adrift.
- Grandma, we’ll always remember that special smile, that caring heart, that warm, embrace, you always gave us. You being there for all of us through good and bad times, no matter what.
Sad Quotes About Grandmother Death
- The moment that you left me, my heart was split in two. One side was filled with memories; the other side died with you. I often lay awake at night when the world is fast asleep; and take a walk down memory lane with tears upon my cheeks. Remembering you is easy, I do it every day; missing you is a heartache that never goes away. I hold you tightly within my heart and there you will remain; you see life has gone on without you, nut will never be the same.
- Your life was a blessing, your memory is a treasure, you are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure.
- God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So He put His arms around you and whispered “Come to me”.
- You may be gone from my sight, but you will never be gone from my heart. I may not be able to see your face, but I will always see your sweet smile. I may never hear your voice again but you will forever echo in my soul.
The Most Beautiful ‘I Love my Grandma’ Quotes
- Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete. – Marcy Demaree
- My grandmother is my angel on earth. – Catherine Pulsifer
- A grandmother is like an angel, who takes you under her wing, she prays and watches over you and she’d gift you anything. – Anonymous
Meaningful Missing Grandma Quotes to Honor Her Memory
- I have a guardian angel in Heaven. I call her Grandma.
Funny Quotes about Being a Grandma or Having a Grandma
- Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric. – Pam Brown
- “My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first. – Lois Wyse
Soul-comforting Quotes about Losing Grandmothers
- “You left me beautiful memories, your love is still my guide, and though we cannot see you, you’re always at my side.”
“Grandma, your life was full of loving deeds,
forever thoughtful of our special needs.
Today and tomorrow, my whole life through,
I will always love and cherish you.”
The Best Quotes about Grandma and Grandson Bond
- My grandson is a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to a tomorrow I may never see, and the keeper of my heart for all eternity.
- “Some moments can only be cured with a big squishy grandma hug.” – Dan Pearce
Wonderful Quotes to Congratulate Grandmother on Mothers’ Day
- Your sons weren’t made to like you. That’s what grandchildren are for. Jane Smiley
Wise Quotes about Becoming Grandma for the First Time
- “Grandmotherhood initiated me into a world of play, where all things became fresh, alive, and honest again through my grandchildren’s eyes. Mostly, it retaught me love.” – Sue Monk Kidd
- The real miracle of life occurs when your child’s child is born.
- Grandparenting is the stage in life when you finally understand the true meaning of the best is yet to come… Because you’ve reached it.
- I never knew just how much love this heart could hold until I became a Grandma!