Perhaps each of us has heard some of these phrases at least once: ‘It’s not about you, it’s about me’, ‘We want different things from life’ etc. But the thing is, no matter how quickly or gentle he/she is trying to tear the Band-Aid off, it still hurts. We hope that these touching quotes about a broken heart will make it easier for you to deal with the pain caused by a breakup.
Interesting Quotes on Relationship
Love relationships require constant work as well as give and take. Sadly, some people don’t understand this simple formula and run away after the first disagreements. Read these interesting quotes on the relationship and move on with your life.
- “There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.” – Bryant H. McGill
- “If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they’re yours; if they don’t they never were.” – Richard Bach
- “Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
- “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” – Wayne Dyer
- “We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Everyone can have their heart broken. Even if you know the relationship isn’t working, it’s still sad. Even in a bad relationship, they’re part of your life for a long time, and saying goodbye to that can be difficult.” – James Marsden
Sad Quotes About a Broken Heart for Her
When it comes to breakups women tend to overreact more than men. They need some time to cope with emotions. Let these sad quotes about a broken heart for her be your guiding light during this tough period.
- “You’ve got to learn to leave the table when love’s no longer being served.” – Nina Simone
- “Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow.”– L. Ron Hubbard
- “Don’t cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won’t let you see the stars.” –Violeta Parra
- “Grief is not as heavy as guilt, but it takes more away from you.” – Veronica Roth
- “The best way to heal a broken heart, it turns out, is to find a way to move past the hurt.” – Mary Kay Andrews
- “You find out what you are made of when you have a broken heart. If it happens early and often, all the better.” – Isabel Gillies
Nice Sayings to Heal a Broken Heart for Him
The more you love the harder it is to come to a realization that something as beautiful can end. And it’s twice harder if it’s not you who decided to split up. May these nice sayings help you to heal a broken heart.
- “I think many people can relate to that excruciating pain of love gone wrong. I’d rather have a broken arm than a broken heart.” – Christie Brinkley
- “Of course! It takes a lot of strength to mend a broken heart. Channelising energies into your work helps, but also to be able to accept situations for what they are instead of questioning them helps immensely.” – Deepika Padukone
- “For my part, I prefer my heart to be broken. It is so lovely, dawn-kaleidoscopic within the crack.” – D.H. Lawrence
- “Don’t feel sad over someone who gave up on you. Feel sad for them because they gave up on someone who would have never given up on them.” – Author Unknown
- “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it…”– Nicholas Sparks
- If someone you love hurts you cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it.” –Anonymous
Quotes with the Phrase ‘You Broke My Heart’
If you can’t figure out what to write to get back at somebody who hurt your feelings, you may like to use these quotes containing the phrase ‘you broke my heart’.
The Best Quotes on Heartbroken Love
It happens that we can’t stop loving someone just because the relationship is over. The best quotes about heartbroken love will provide you with priceless pieces of advice on how to move on.
- “Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you’d been before the fall.” – Jodi Picoult
- “The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten.”– William Faulkner
- “I don’t know why they call it heartbreak. It feels like every other part of my body is broken too.” – Unknown
- “It took me realizing that a broken heart has never actually killed anyone to find the courage to ask for what I want, in just about every situation. That was part of my own growing up.” – Ginnifer Goodwin
- “God can heal a broken heart, but He has to have all the pieces.” – Unknown
- “Love is hard to find, hard to keep, and hard to forget.” – Alysha Speer
Great Inspirational Quotes for the Broken Hearted
Is it your best friend who has just been dumped? You will definitely need these inspirational quotes for the broken-hearted to cheer her/him up.
- “This time I wouldn’t forget him, because I couldn’t ever forgive him – for breaking my heart twice.” – James Patterson
- “I don’t want to break someone’s heart, but you can’t control that. A broken heart happens; that’s inevitable.” – Lykke Li
- “You may have a broken heart, but you may find someone else.” – Douglas Booth
- “You will never know true happiness until you have truly loved, and you will never understand what pain really is until you have lost it.” – Anonymous
- “I wish i were a little girl again, because skinned knees are easier to fix than broken heart.”– Julia Roberts
- “Someday you’re gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You’ll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
Short Quotes About Heartbreak
Brevity is a sister of talent. If you want someone to get over a breakup, long monologues won’t help. Short quotes about heartbreak are exactly what you need.
- “Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.” – Stephen King
- “You can’t give your heart to a wild thing.”– Truman Capote
- It is not the broken heart that kills, but broken pride, monseigneur.” – Gilbert Parker
- “A broken heart is the worst. It’s like having broken ribs. Nobody can see it, but it hurts every time you breathe.” – Unknown
- “A broken heart bleeds tears.” – Steve Maraboli
- “No matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” – Faraaz Kazi
Good Quotes About Broken Relationship
Trying your best to go through a breakup? Some people believe that well-aimed words can really heal.
- “Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable.” – The Wizard of Oz
- “I have a good imagination. Look, I know what it feels like to have a broken heart. I know what it feels like to feel something for somebody. I’m just too weird to be in a relationship.” – Diane Warren
- “Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren’t accompanied by regret.”– Laura Kasischke
- “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”– Kahlil Gibran
- “You say that love is nonsense. I tell you it is no such thing. For weeks and months it is a steady physical pain, an ache about the heart, never leaving one, by night or by day; a long strain on one’s nerves like toothache or rheumatism, not intolerable at any one instant, but exhausting by its steady drain on the strength.” –Henry Brooks Adams
- “A broken heart is what makes life so wonderful five years later, when you see the guy in an elevator and he is fat and smoking a cigar and saying long-time-no-see.” – Phyllis Battelle
Cute Quotes About a Broken-hearted Girl
No matter how hard it seems to keep going after your heart has been broken, it happens naturally. But words of wisdom from those who have been through the same can really help.
- “Sharp are the arrows of a broken heart.” – Cassandra Clare
- “She went around with a broken heart, and she wasn’t sure who’d broken it. She thought it was herself, mostly.” – Ann Brashares
- “A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.” – J.S.B. Morse
- “Some women feel the best cure for a broken heart is a new beau.” – Gene Tierney
- “Love hurts worse than getting slammed by a 250-pound linebacker.” – Miranda Kenneally
- “Think about any attachments that are depleting your emotional reserves. Consider letting them go.”– Oprah Winfrey
Life-changing ‘When Your Heart Is Broken’ Quotes
The world has no colors when your heart is broken. But you can start changing your attitude right now, thanks to these quotes.
- “If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.”– C. Joybell C.
- “A final comfort that is small, but not cold: The heart is the only broken instrument that works.” – T.E. Kalem
- “Let no one who loves be called unhappy. Even love unreturned has its rainbow.” – J. M. Barrie
- “Love lasts about seven years. That’s how long it takes for the cells of the body to totally replace themselves.” – Francoise Sagan
- “A broken heart in real life isn’t half as dreadful as it is in books. It’s a good deal like a bad tooth, though you won’t think THAT a very romantic simile. It takes spells of aching and gives you a sleepless night now and then, but between times it lets you enjoy life and dreams and echoes and peanut candy as if there were nothing the matter with it.” – L.M. Montgomery
- “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” – Mark Twain
Motivational Quotes About Moving On from a Broken Heart
Once the damage is done the best thing for you will be moving on with your own life. If you have no idea how to do that, read these motivational quotes.
- “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” – Author Unknown
- “Failed relationships can be described as so much wasted make-up.” –Marian Keyes
- “No matter how hard your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” – Faraaz Kazi
- “Sadness flies on the wings of the morning and out of the heart of darkness comes the light.” – Jean Giraudoux
- “There are all kinds of ways for a relationship to be tested, even broken, some, irrevocably; it’s the endings we’re unprepared for.”– Katherine Owen
- “When a love comes to an end, weaklings cry, efficient ones instantly find another love, and the wise already have one in reserve.” – Oscar Wilde
Deep Quotes for Women About Shattered Heart
Looking for something profound and meaningful? Don’t pass by these deep quotes for women about shattered heart.
- “The only thing a boyfriend was good for was a shattered heart.” – Becca Fitzpatrick
- “When you have loved unconditionally one man and lost that love, it leaves a wound that never heals, a sad and broken heart, a void forever.” – Author Unknown
- “Doctoring her seemed to her as absurd as putting together the pieces of a broken vase. Her heart was broken. Why would they try to cure her with pills and powders?” – Leo Tolstoy
- “The hottest love has the coldest end.” – Socrates
- “The heart was made to be broken.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Love is a great poet, its resources are inexhaustible, but if the end it has in view is not obtained, it feels weary and remains silent.” – Giacomo Casanova
Meaningful ‘When Someone Breaks Your Heart’ Quotes
When someone breaks your heart, it seems like a million knives are put in your back. We sincerely hope that these quotes will help you to heal your wounds.
- “There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief… and unspeakable love.” – Washington Irving
- “Throughout my lifetime I’ve left pieces of my heart here and there. And now, there’s almost barely enough to stay alive. But I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent.” – Johnny Depp
- “He who has never experienced hurt, cannot experience true love.” –Tristan J. Loo
- “They say that time heals all wounds but all it’s done so far is give me more time to think about how much I miss you.” – Ezbeth Wilder
- “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.”– Alexander Graham Bell
- “You can victimize yourself by wallowing around in your own past.”– Wayne Dyer
Uplifting Quotes to Mend a Broken Heart
If you have a feeling that your heart has been completely destroyed, you will definitely need to read something uplifting like these quotes.
- “A heartbreak is a blessing from God. It’s just his way of letting you realize he saved you from the wrong one.” – Unknown
- “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.” –Washington Irving
- “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.” – Patti Roberts
- “Heaven doesn’t ignore cries of a broken heart.” – Toba Beta
- “The cure for a broken heart is simple, my lady. A hot bath and a good night’s sleep.” – Margaret George
- “It is our wounds that create in us a desire to reach for miracles. The fulfillment of such miracles depends on whether we let our wounds pull us down or lift us up towards our dreams.” – Jocelyn Soriano