If not so long ago you felt unbelievably alive, had a smile that went from ear to ear, and considered yourself to be a happy person, but everything has changed dramatically, there is a chance that you faced one of the most dangerous states of being which is called depression. Unfortunately, sometimes society just does not take it seriously, thinking that it is a bad mood, that is all. But people who suffered from it know that there is nothing more serious than that. However, if everything seems really bad and you do not see the light at the end of the tunnel, remember, there are no difficulties you cannot overcome.
Having depression means fighting with your own demons. There is no task more complicated, but you can handle it! You just need to find the strength to change your life and what is more important, your attitude to it. Try to avoid stresses and making hard decisions, do some pleasant things, and always be busy. It won’t heal you at once, but it is a long way. In this way, you should not hide your feelings. Of course, not all people will understand you, but if you express your emotions, you will feel a little better. These quotes about suffering from depression will help you to do it. And remember, you should never give up.
Best Quotes about Being Depressed
We know that you feel like no one understands you, but that’s not exactly true. In your environment, there are people who know what being depressed is, and they will support you if you express your feelings.
- Depression is living in a body that fights to survive with a mind that tries to die.
- I wanted to talk about it. Damn it. I wanted to scream. I wanted to yell. I wanted to shout about it. But all I could do was whisper “I’m fine”.
- Trust me, you do not wanna feel what I feel.
- That moment when you burst out crying in your room & you realize that no one knows how unhappy you are.
- I’m losing myself more and more every fucking day.
- I want to be happy but something inside me screams that I do not deserve it.
- I get so jealous because I know how easily replaceable I am. I’m nothing special.
Quotes Related to Depression and Anxiety
Struggling with depression seems to be the most difficult job in the world. And it actually is. These sayings will help you understand that you are not the only one warrior in this battle and that some people share your emotions.
- What people never understand is that depression isn’t about the outside; it’s about the inside – Jasmine Wagra
- People think I’m lying about being hurt because they see me laughing. But actually, I laugh to keep myself from crying.
- Faking a smile is so much easier than explaining why are you sad.
- I want to give up. I’m done with myself but no matter how depressed I am, no matter how much it’s killing me, I can’t leave because I care too much, I know this would destroy my friends, so I take this pain, I’ve chosen to smile although I’m dying inside in the hope the people I love don’t become depressed.
- Sleep just isn’t sleep anymore, it’s an escape.
- The worst kind of sad is not being able to explain why.
- I honestly couldn’t even tell you what happiness feels like anymore.
Sad Quotes about Depressing Life
Sometimes people do not need to be encouraged; sometimes they just need to be sad, to cry, and to complain, at least for a while. Do not hold back, it will make you feel a little better.
- I keep a lot of shit to myself because in reality nobody really gives a fuck.
- If you could read my mind you would be in tears.
- I say ‘sorry’ a lot. Mostly because I feel like everything is my fault.
- Sorry for being so fucked up. Sorry for being such a failure. Sorry for being a disgrace. Sorry for being me.
- When you’re depressed you don’t control your thoughts. You thoughts control you. I wish people would understand this.
- No one really cares until something dramatic happens.
- My life is just one constant battle between wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely.
Deep Meaningful Quotes about Being Depressed
It is considered that men don’t suffer from depression. Wrong! It is considered that women pretend that they have problems. Wrong! These quotes describe the feelings of guys as well as the emotions of depressed girls.
- It feels like everyone else is moving on with their lives while I am stuck here in this hole that I can’t climb out of.
- Everyone thinks I’ve gotten better. I haven’t. I’ve just gotten better at hiding it.
- I feel like I don’t have the right to be depressed when so many people have it worse.
- My biggest fear is that eventually you will see me the way I see myself.
- It hurts, but it’s ok. I’m used to it.
- And I knew it was bad when I woke up in the mornings and the only thing I looked forward to was going back to bed.
- Do you ever feel like no one actually likes you or want to talk to you anymore.
Famous Quotes about Real Deep Depression
During the depression, it seems that your own thoughts are hunting you down. Please, remember that although battling it is not easy, there is always hope, and you are strong enough to overcome all the problems.
- Telling someone “why are you depressed, look at how great your life is” is same as saying “what do you mean you have asthma look at all this air”.
- Sometimes when I say “I’m okay”, I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight, and say, “I know you’re not”.
- She was drowning but nobody saw her struggle.
- You smile, but you wanna cry. You talk, but you wanna be quiet. You pretend like you’re happy, but you aren’t.
- I feel myself changing, I don’t even laugh the same anymore, I don’t smile the same, or talk the same, I’m just so tired of everything.
- I’m exhausted from trying to be stronger than I feel.
- You know those nights where you lay in your bed and you have your hand on your mouth so you don’t make a sound as tears stream down you face and you can feel your heart just breaking.
Depressing Thoughts and Quotes about Life
Life is full of surprises, and they are not always pleasant. We all face a lot of problems and difficulties on our way that hurt a lot. Nevertheless, no matter how depressing the situation is, we can cope with it!
- Sometimes, you gotta pretend everything’s okay.
- Death seems more inviting than life.
- Depression makes you isolated. It’s very hard to think of other people when you’re wrapped in a prickly blanked of sadness and all you can think about is your own pain.
- At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart in your life.
- People cry, not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.
- Depression always makes me hate the world, but it gives me a million things to think.
- If life doesn’t kill you, emptiness in Life will surely Kill You.
Good Sayings about Self-Depression
Sometimes the good mood is a dream, not a reality. In such situations, the most important thing is not to give up. The quotes below can help you express feelings and emotions and move further!
- I haven’t felt alright for a really long time.
- Sometimes I get so sad that it’s hard to breathe, so tell me how do you expect me to talk about my demons when they’re sitting on my lungs?
- It’s a kind of tired that sleep can’t fix.
- I’ve been sad for years. Don’t tell me it gets better.
- Monsters don’t sleep under your bed they scream inside of your head.
- Emotionally: I’m done. Mentally: I’m drained. Spiritually: I’m dead. Physically: I smile.
- Pain is always emotional. Fear and depression keep constant company with chronic hurting in Human’s Mind.
Depression is the Real Problem Sayings
Unfortunately, a lot of people think that broken ankle is a real problem, while depression is the fake disease. They are terribly wrong. These sayings show how people overcoming it feel.
- No one realizes how strong someone with depression has to be just to do daily stuff like shower, brush hair, get out of bed, etc. It’s really hard.
- Telling a depressed person to be happy is like telling a cancer patient to cure themselves.
- You don’t know why you’re exhausted? You’re fighting a war inside your head every single day. If that’s not exhausting I don’t know what is.
- Depression is a journey to hell.
- Depression is like a war. You either win or die trying.
- Suicide doesn’t kill people, sadness kills them.
- Everybody’s at war with different things. I’m at war with my own heart sometimes. – Tupac Shakur
Short Inspirational Quotes about Fighting Depression
If you are feeling down and depressed, please remember that nothing is over until you give up. Read encouraging quotes to make the process of fighting with depression a little less hard.
- Keep yourself busy if you want to avoid depression, for me, inactivity is the enemy. – Matt Lucas
- It’s all about finding the calm in the chaos.
- Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. – Lance Armstrong
- The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
- You have to fight through bad days to earn the best days of your life
- Remember sadness is always temporary. This, too, pass… – Chuck T. Falcon
- You wake up every morning to fight the same demons that left you so tired the night before, and that, my love, is bravery.
Motivational Quotes about Overcoming Hard Depression
Overcoming anxiety and depression is not an easy task. Surviving this state of being is the most glorious victory, but it you need to make efforts to win. These nice quotes will help you do it!
- Whenever you feel depressed, keep this in mind: “Things are yet to happen… Life is yet to go… This is just a Bend, Not an End!”
- Remind yourself that it’s okay not to be perfect.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up and never give up.
- Having a rough day? Place your hand over your heart. Feel that? That’s called purpose. You’re alive for a reason. Don’t give up.
- The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die.
- Our greatest glory is not in every falling, but in rising every time we fall.
- Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.
Funny Anti Depression Encouraging Quotes
People say that laughter is the best medicine, and they are right. These funny sayings can not only make you smile, but also inspire you and give you the strength to continue daily struggle!
- To anyone suffering with mental illness: You are one badass mother fucker because nothing is more terrifying than battling with your own mind every single day.
- No one is perfect that’s why pencils have erasers.
- Me: doesn’t shower for days, barely eats, cries for no reason, lays in bed and sleeps all day, had a panic attack, etc. Parents: it’s that phone.
- Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes. – William Gibson
- Freud: If it’s not one thing, it’s your mother
- How many psychologists does it take to change a light bulb? Just one, but it takes nine visits.
- When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
Sad Quotes about Stress and Long Depression
In such a state, people feel a lot of pain that has to be shown. Of course, none of us want to look weak but sometimes it just necessary. We are people after all, and anyone can face such kind of problems.
- Everyone gets tired of me at some point. Then eventually they’ll leave. They all do.
- I’m so broken that I can feel it. I mean, physically feel it. This is so much more than being sad now. This is affecting my whole body.
- That feeling when you’re not necessarily sad, but you just feel really empty.
- That moment when you have to take a breath before speaking cause you know you’re so close to crying.
- I hate myself but I can’t tell you that. You’d tell me not to but you don’t understand.
- That feeling when you’re not necessarily sad, but you just feel really empty.
- I’m fine, I’m just tired. = My depression is setting in but I don’t want to bother you with it.
Quotes about Suicidal Thoughts, Feelings, and Depression
Remember, if it seems that you are not strong enough to make the world colorful, to cope with your problems, and fight your own demons, don’t give up. The victory is glorious, and the failure can never be recovered.
- Right now, I really don’t see the reason for trying, or for talking, or for breathing. I’m just done.
- I hate myself a little bit more every day.
- Behind my smile is a breaking heart. Behind my laugh I’m falling apart, behind my eyes are tears at night, behind my body is a soul trying to fight.
- Everyone says destroy what destroys you, right? But what if the thing destroying you is yourself?
- I’ve always been afraid of losing people I love. Sometimes I wonder if there is anyone out there afraid to lose me.
- Sometimes the worst place to be is in my own head.
- The demons are back and stronger than ever. They are looking for a fight. Looking to win. And this time, I might just let them.
Motivational Quotes for Beating Teenage Depression
Teenage anxiety is the most dangerous kind of depression. You make it or break it. So if you need to help yourself or your friend, use these inspirational quotes and never let anyone think of death.
- Do not believe the things you tell yourself when you are sad and alone.
- Be gentle with yourself, you’re doing the best you can.
- Just take one step at a time. That’s really all you can do
- When something bad happens you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.
- You’re a diamond dear. They can’t break you.
- I’ve found that recovery means being honest. About what I want. About what I need. What I feel. Who I am.
- I refuse to sink.