Which season you like most? Is it June to August period with its hot sunny days, cool parties, vacations and stuff? It can be winter with its snowy landscapes, can’t it? Ok, today we’re gonna talk about the fall.Everyone has got their own reasons for loving or hating autumn, but the truth is, no one can stay indifferent during this charming season. You may think that it’s cheesy, but no other season can boast of such an amazing riot of colors. Besides for god’s sake, when else will you be drinking hot tea while wrapped up in a cozy blanket? So, if you like autumn as we do, don’t miss the chance to read these wonderful fall quotes.
Best Famous Poems About Autumn
What is autumn? If this question has just appeared in your head and you have no idea on how to answer it, you are in the right place. Quite a few people have asked this exact question before, and truth to be told, there’s no one correct answer to it. For some of us it’s when all warm colors meet and decide to dance their tango on the all trees and bushes. For children it means getting back to school after holidays. September is the time of harvest. But all of these just a few possible answers. Famous poems about autumn will definitely remind you of the beautiful fall day and probably give you the answer you are looking for.
- No spring nor summer beauty hath
Such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
- O Autumn, laden with fruit, and stained
With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit
Beneath my shady roof; there thou mayst rest,
And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe,
And all the daughters of the year shall dance!
Sing now the lusty song of fruits and flowers…
- O hushed October morning mild,
Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;
To-morrow’s wind, if it be wild,
Should waste them all…
- Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;
To bend with apples the moss’d cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For summer has o’er-brimm’d their clammy cells.
- Go from me, summer friends, and tarry not:
I am no summer friend, but wintry cold,
A silly sheep benighted from the fold,
A sluggard with a thorn-choked garden plot.
Take counsel, sever from my lot your lot,
Dwell in your pleasant places, hoard your gold;
Lest you with me should shiver on the wold,
Athirst and hungering on a barren spot.
For I have hedged me with a thorny hedge,
I live alone, I look to die alone:
Yet sometimes, when a wind sighs through the sedge,
Ghosts of my buried years, and friends come back,
My heart goes sighing after swallows flown
On sometime summer’s unreturning track.
- As Summer into Autumn slips
And yet we sooner say
“The Summer” than “the Autumn,” lest
We turn the sun away,
And almost count it an Affront
The presence to concede
Of one however lovely, not
The one that we have loved —
So we evade the charge of Years
On one attempting shy
The Circumvention of the Shaft
Of Life’s Declivity.
Amazing Short Quotes About Fall Season
Yeah, fall can definitely be depressive with all the rains and coldness it brings (unless you live in the Southern states, of course). But you know what? Even the constantly rainy and windy weather has something charming to offer. Like to keep it short? Then let’s get straight to the point with these amazing short quotes about the fall season.
- Autumn, the year’s last, loveliest smile.
- It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the Spring, who reaps a harvest in the Autumn.
- Spring passes and one remembers one’s innocence. Summer passes and one remembers one’s exuberance. Autumn passes and one remembers one’s reverence. Winter passes and one remembers one’s perseverance.
- October is a symphony of permanence and change.
- I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
- Aprils have never meant much to me, autumns seem that season of beginning, spring.
- Aprils have never meant much to me, autumns seem that season of beginning.
- Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
- I loved Autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it.
- Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall
- And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.
The most Inspirational Autumn Quotes
There’s something inspirational in each month of the year, but when it comes to autumn, it seems that inspiration is pouring out with every drop of rain. What can be more inspirational in this world than rainy days in November? Wait though, these inspirational autumn quotes can compete for this title.
- We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away.
- Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits.
- I’ve never known anyone yet who doesn’t suffer a certain restlessness when autumn rolls around… We’re all eight years old again and anything is possible.
- There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!
- Unless a tree has borne blossoms in spring, you will vainly look for fruit on it in autumn.
- No man can taste the fruits of autumn while he is delighting his scent with the flowers of spring.
- I hope I can be the autumn leaf, who looked at the sky and lived. And when it was time to leave, gracefully it knew life was a gift.
- For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.
- Two sounds of autumn are unmistakable…the hurrying rustle of crisp leaves blown along the street…by a gusty wind, and the gabble of a flock of migrating geese.
- I am such an autumn person. Give me a quiet, cozy spot with a simple view of gorgeous trees with colorful leaves on a crisp September day, fuzzy socks, a warm drink, and a good book and I will be in all my glory
Nice Quotes on Fall Colors
Can’t really speak for everyone, but the soft autumn color palette is one of the most enchanting things we have ever seen. No kidding, what else can be so colorful as autumn? Just take a look at the forest in the early October and see for yourself. The riot of soft green, fiery yellow, orange, red and brown colors truly impresses. These quotes about fall colors totally reflect this beauty.
- Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
- It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.
- Now Autumn’s fire burns slowly along the woods and day by day the dead leaves fall and melt.
- Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.
- How beautiful the leaves grow old, how full of light and color are their last days
- For anyone who lives in the oak-and-maple area of New England, there is a perennial temptation to plunge into a purple sea of adjectives about October.
- Every year I’m reminded to believe in magic, because of the beauty of autumn.
- It was a beautiful, bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it.
- I see … the turning of a leaf dancing in an autumn sun, and brilliant shades of crimson glowing when a day is done
The Most Beautiful Quotes About Fall Weather
Some say that the fall weather isn’t quite pleasant. However, since it’s mostly rainy and cold, we appreciate more the rare fall sunshine and warmth. Thanks to the most beautiful quotes on fall sunshine and fall weather you will get in the right mood.
- The autumn always gets me badly, as it breaks into colours. I want to go south, where there is no autumn, where the cold doesn’t crouch over one like a snow-leopard waiting to pounce.
- Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.
- There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves.
- I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house. So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air.
- I trust in nature for the stable laws of beauty and utility. Spring shall plant and autumn garner to the end of time.
- He found himself wondering at times, especially in the autumn, about the wild lands, and strange visions of mountains that he had never seen came into his dreams.
- The heart of autumn must have broken here, and poured its treasure upon the leaves.
- Wild is the music of autumnal winds / Amongst the faded woods
- Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.
Spectacular Quotes About Autumn Leaves
Ask anybody you know what the first thing is that springs to their mind when they hear the word “fall” and the chances are they will start describing the breathtaking tree leaves, burning in the fire of different colors. Having the chance to see all of the spectacular fall colors and falling leaves is a true blessing. Reading not less spectacular quotes about autumn leaves is another.
- Falling leaves hide the path so quietly.
- There is a part of me that will forever want to be walking under autumn leaves, carrying a briefcase containing the works of Shakespeare and Yeats and a portable chess set.
- Nothing is more fleeting than external form, which withers and alters like the flowers of the field at the appearance of autumn.
- October gave a party; The leaves by hundreds came – The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples, and leaves of every name. The Sunshine spread a carpet, and everything was grand, Miss Weather led the dancing, Professor Wind the band.
- A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand.
- You expected to be sad in the fall. Part of you died each year when the leaves fell from the trees and their branches were bare against the wind and the cold, wintery light. But you knew there would always be the spring, as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person died for no reason.
- Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.
- Dancing of the autumn leaves on a surface of a lake is a dream we see when we are awake.
- Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop.
Magical Quotes To Get Excited About the First Day of Fall
For some of us, the first day of fall, which is September, 1 according to the calendar, is just a reminder that the sunny days are almost over and school starts. For others this day brings the news about the upcoming holidays. But for the majority of us, the very first fall day means that we’re a step closer to wearing our favorite coats and boots. We’ve rounded up the best quotes about autumn fashion and the first day of fall.
- The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons into its winter wools.
- Summer ends, and Autumn comes, and he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night.
- Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.
- Or maybe spring is the season of love and fall the season of mad lust. Spring for flirting but fall for the untamed delicious wild thing.
- You ought to know that October is the first Spring month.
- Notice that autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature.
- If a year was tucked inside of a clock, then autumn would be the magic hour.
- The trees are about to show us how lovely it is to let the dead things go.
- In the garden, Autumn is, indeed the crowning glory of the year, bringing us the fruition of months of thought and care and toil. And at no season, safe perhaps in Daffodil time, do we get such superb colour effects as from August to November.
Funny Phrases to Say ‘Hello September!’
September signifies that we are gonna celebrate Halloween and Thanksgiving Day soon. Greet September and fall with these funny phrases and quotes about early autumn and wait for the rest of it to come.
- By all these lovely tokens September days are here, With summer’s best of weather And autumn’s best of cheer.
- As early as the autumn of 1862, I was made very happy by being sent to school.
- Just before the death of flowers, and before they are buried in snow, there comes a festival season when nature is aglow.
- Autumn burned brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees.
- Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
- Autumn is wild and it is yours.
- I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of pumpkin, and crisp sunburnt leaves.
- Another fall, another turned page.
- And autumn is the best time for adventures, because even the world is feeling a little more alive.
Cute Autumn Love Quotes
Long walks under the rain with one umbrella for two, romantic evenings with glintwine, picnics in the park – all of these and a lot more describe fall and those who are in love. Even when all the trees get rid of yellow leaves and prepare for the long snowy dream, love never sleeps. That’s what cute autumn love quotes are about.
- Though a tree grow ever so high, the falling leaves return to the root.
- The leaves are all falling, and they’re falling like they’re falling in love with the ground.
- There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.
- We all change colors and lose our leaves… then we bloom again.
- Autumn is an artist who uses an oak leaf on which to paint a masterpiece.
- Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day.
- Autumn is the season to find contentment at home by paying attention to what we already have.
- No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
- Let there be pumpkin spice, because autumn days are here again.
- A distinct smell … a mixture of the dried leaves on the ground and the smoke from the chimneys and the sweet ripe apples.
Great Sayings About Happy Fall Time
Don’t jump into conclusions that fall is that depressing with all of its cold rainy days, endless mud and that’s why think positive and try finding the good things about fall. So, if you can’t say: “Fall is my favorite season!”, these happy quotes and saying about happy fall time is exactly what you need.
- It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life.
- Autumn wins you best by this its mute appeal to sympathy for its decay.
- Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.
- Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.
- Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.
- Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.
- The leaves are changing; I feel poetry in the air.
- Stay cozy and content, like the colors of autumn.
- Autumn that year painted the countryside in vivid shades of scarlet, saffron, and russet, and the days were clear and crisp under the harvest skies.
Best Shakespeare Quotes About Autumn
Make a cup of hot chocolate and get inspired by how William Shakespeare described the beautiful autumn season.
- … the spring, the summer, The chilling autumn, angry winter, change Their wonted liveries; and the mazed world By their increase, now knows not which is which.” – William Shakespeare
- Beware the ides of March.
- The teeming autumn, big with rich increase,
Bearing the wanton burden of the prime,
Like widow’d wombs after their lords’ decease.
- That time of year thou mayst in me behold
When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang
Upon those boughs which shake against the cold,
Bare ruined choirs, where late the sweet birds sang.
- But like of each thing that in season grows.
The Greatest Quotes and Images to Welcome Fall and Equinox
Autumn signifies such holidays as Labor Day, Halloween, Veterans Day and Thanksgiving Day. Don’t know about you guys, but as for us, these days already make fall a great season. There’re lots of interesting things going on in autumn, but one of the most interesting is fall equinox. So, welcome fall season with these great quotes, sayings and images.
- Days decrease, / And autumn grows, autumn in everything.
- Such days of autumnal decline hold a strange mystery which adds to the gravity of all our moods.
- He is outside of everything, and alien everywhere. He is an aesthetic solitary. His beautiful, light imagination is the wing that on the autumn evening just brushes the dusky window.
- Leaves are falling. Autumn is calling.
- A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer’s wave goodbye.
- Autumn came with wind and gold.
- Autumn begins with a subtle change in the light, with skies a deeper blue, and nights that become suddenly clear and chilled. The season comes full with the first frost, the disappearance of migrant birds, and the harvesting of the season’s last crops.
- Happy Fall Equinox to all of you!