Success doesn’t come easy. You need to work your fingers to the bone in order to achieve great results in life. However, if you don’t know where to start from or you would like to be more enthusiastic about the work you do, read what outstanding and influential people say about hard work.
Interesting ‘Hard Work Pays Off’ Quotes
You have probably heard the phrase: ‘No pain, no gain.’ It means that you won’t achieve great things unless you work hard. Read more interesting quotes which affirm that any hard work pays off.
- “I know you’ve heard it a thousand times before. But it’s true – hard work pays off. If you want to be good, you have to practice, practice, practice. If you don’t love something, then don’t do it.” – Ray Bradbury
- “Working hard becomes a habit, a serious kind of fun. You get self-satisfaction from pushing yourself to the limit, knowing that all the effort is going to pay off.” – Anonymous
- “Hard work only pays off when it meets the right plan of action.” – Edmond Mbiaka
- “Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn’t quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.” – Frank Abagnale
- “The greater the effort, the greater the glory.” – Pierre Corneille
- “Everybody wants to be famous, but nobody wants to do the work. I live by that. You grind hard so you can play hard. At the end of the day, you put all the work in, and eventually it’ll pay off. It could be in a year, it could be in 30 years. Eventually, your hard work will pay off.” – Kevin Hart
Inspiring Quotes About Success and Hard Work
The philosophy of hard work is simple as that. You must keep going in spite of all the ups and downs until you reach the top. Let these inspiring quotes motivate you to work harder.
- “The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. work is the key to success, and hard work can help you accomplish anything.” – Vince Lombardi Jr.
- “Some people dream of success while others wake up and work hard at it.” – Unknown
- “The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive and passion, it’s possible to achieve the American dream.” – Tommy Hilfiger
- “I think that my biggest attribute to any success that I have had is hard work. There really is no substitute for working hard.” – Maria Bartiromo
- “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King
- “All roads that lead to success have to pass through hard work boulevard at some point.” – Anonymous
Great Quotes About a Hard-working Man
Sometimes all you need to get ready for new accomplishments is a suitable example. Get acquainted with these great quotes about hard-working men and their traits.
- “Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat.”– Ann Landers
- “I watched a small man with thick calluses on both hands work 15 and 16 hours a day. I saw him once literally bleed from the bottoms of his feet, a man who came here uneducated, alone, unable to speak the language, who taught me all I needed to know about faith and hard work by the simple eloquence of his example.’ – Mario Cuomo
- “Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose.” – G.K. Nielson
- “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Francis of Assisi
- “Today’s tears water tomorrow’s gardens.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “The first one gets the oyster the second gets the shell.” – Andrew Carnegie
Most Inspirational Quotes About Hard Work
Think positively and be focused because the right thought oriented on hard work is the key to success. Don’t you believe? The most inspirational quotes about hard work will convince you.
- “I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but should get you pretty near.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “The first and the best victory is to conquer self.” – Plato
- “Hard work is painful when life is devoid of purpose. But when you live for something greater than yourself and the gratification of your own ego, then hard work becomes a labor of love.” – Steve Pavlina
- “Working hard and working smart sometimes can be two different things.” – Byron Dorgan
- “Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them” – Ann Landers
- “Luck is great, but most of life is hard work.” – Iain Duncan Smith
Short Motivational Quotes on Hard Work
Trying hard and doing your best – these are the things you need to keep in mind in order to go the extra mile. As for motivation, you can get tons of it while reading short quotes on hard work.
- “Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.” – Peter Drucker
- “Work harder than you think you did yesterday.” – Alex Elle
- “A dream doesn’t become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.” – Colin Powell
- “There is no substitute for hard work.” – Thomas Edison
- “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “When you live for a strong purpose, then hard work isn’t an option. It’s a necessity.” – Steve Pavlina
Famous Sayings About Hard Work
How about some words of wisdom from those persons who have achieved great results? We are sure famous saying will make you ambitious enough for working hard.
- “If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven played music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “If people knew how hard I worked to achieve my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful after all.” – Michelangelo
- “Without labor nothing prospers.” – Sophocles
- “…talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything.” – Patrick Süskind
- “Nothing worth having comes easy.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory.” – Mohandas Gandhi
Good Hard Work Quotes from Popular Sports Personalities
Sport is one of a few spheres which perfectly proves that hard work really pays off. It would be a crime not to take some pieces of advice from successful sportsmen.
- “Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No Excuses.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
- “There may be people that have more talent than you, but theres no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
- “If you can’t outplay them, outwork them.”– Ben Hogan
- “The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day, that I never dog it.”– Wayne Gretzky
- “I think sports gave me the first place where this awkward girl could feel comfortable in my own skin. I think that’s true for a lot of women—sports gives you a part of your life where you can work at something and you look in the mirror and you like that person.” – Teri McKeever
The Best Funny Proverbs About Hard Work
- “With hard work, you can get fire out of a stone.” – Dutch Proverb
- “When hard work goes out of the door, poverty comes in at the window.” – Dutch Proverbs
- “What is earned with hard laboris eaten with pleasure.” – Chinese Proverb
- “Urge people to work, not to eat.” – Chinese Proverb
- “A bad workman never finds a good tool.” – French Proverb
- “The work praises the man.” – Irish Proverb
Fascinating Small Quotes About Ways of Achieving Goals and Working Hard
Everyone should remember this simple rule: ‘Perseverance leads to success’. Keep this in mind and read fascinating small quotes about ways of achieving goals and working hard.
- “There is no substitute for hard work, 23 or 24 hours a day. And there is no substitute for patience and acceptance.” – Cesar Chavez
- “Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.” – Beyonce Knowles
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
- “Without hard work and discipline it is difficult to be a top professional.” – Jahangir Khan
- “Be humble. Bu hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room.” – Dwayne Johnson
- “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
Good Quotes, Inspiring You for Hard Work and Dedication
At first, you have to dedicate yourself to education, then to hard work. As a result, you will be successful in any field you choose.
- “You can’t get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you’re doing. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover will be yourself.” – Alan Alda
- “Education, actual learning–it is hard work. It’s very personal. Your parents don’t teach you anything. Your teachers don’t teach you anything. The government doesn’t teach you anything. You read it. You don’t understand it; you read it again. You break a pencil and read it again.” –Dean Kamen
- “I think the thing about that was I was always willing to work; I was not the fastest or biggest player but I was determined to be the best football player I could be on the football field and I think I was able to accomplish that through hard work.” –Jerry Rice
- “Through hard work, perseverance and a faith in God, you can live your dreams.” – Ben Carson
- “Dreams don’t work unless you do.”– John C. Maxwell
- “The difference between greed and ambition is a greedy person desires things he isn’t prepared to work for.” – Habeeb Akande
Life-changing Phrases to Make You Keep Up the Hard Work
Without any doubts, a force of words is one of the most influential, life-changing and inspiring. Check out the phrases about hard work that can change your attitude towards your job.
- “It’s hard work making movies. It’s like being a doctor: you work long hours, very hard hours, and it’s emotional, tense work. If you don’t really love it, then it ain’t worth it.” – George Lucas
- “Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
- “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work–and realizing what is opportunity and what isn’t.” – Lucille Ball
- “If you work hard enough and assert yourself, and use your mind and imagination, you can shape the world to your desires.”– Malcolm Gladwell
- “Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren’t sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better.” – John Carmack
- “Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work.” – Booker T. Washington
Nice Slogans About Putting in the Work
First, you put in the work and only then you get your rewards. To get into the right mood, read these nice slogans about putting in the work.
- “If you don’t work hard for your dreams you are going to end up being mediocre.” – ATGW
- “The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
- “Self-belief and hard work will always earn you success.” – Virat Kohli
- “If you put in the work, put in the time, put in the effort, you’re going to reap the benefits.” – Richard Sherman
- “The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.” – Vince Lombardi
The Best Quotes on Achievement and Hard Work
Are searching for some encouragement for your employees? Look no more. We’ve got the best quotes on achievement and hard work in this section.
- “If you don’t have big dreams and goals, you’ll end up working really hard for someone who does.” – Anonymous
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
- “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” – Gail Devers
- “Work hard, don’t quit, be appreciative, be thankful, be grateful, be respectful, also to never whine ever, never complain, and, always, for crying out loud, keep a sense of humor.” – Michael Keaton
- “All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.” –Vince Lombardi
Positive Sayings in English About the Value of Hard Work
Sometimes it seems that no one appreciates that you are burning the candle on both sides, but don’t give up. May these positive sayings in English about the true value of hard work be your guiding light.
- “We live in the kind of society where, in almost all cases, hard work is rewarded.” – Neil de Grasse Tyson
- “To succeed, work hard, never give up and above all, cherish a magnificent obsession.” – Walt Disney
- “Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don’t turn up at all.”– Sam Ewing
- “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” –Vince Lombardi
- “My first job was washing dishes in the basement of a nursing home for $2.10 an hour, and I learned as much about the value of hard work there as I ever did later.” – Douglas Preston
- “I learned the value of hard work by working hard.” – Margaret Mead