Apart from guiding other people in order to achieve a common goal, setting directions and coaching the team, a true leader has to motivate and inspire as well as be motivated and inspired. And this is the case when the one can’t go without the best motivational quotes on leadership.
Table of Contents[show]
Great Leadership Quotes
If you feel like your employees experience the lack of motivation, you, as their guiding light, need to get them back on a track using these great leadership quotes.
- “Anyone, anywhere, can make a positive difference.” – Mark Sanborn
- “What you do has far greater impact than what you say.” – Stephen Covey,
- “Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Leadership is not about titles, positions or flowcharts. It is about one life influencing another.” – John C. Maxwell
- “I think leadership is service and there is power in that giving: to help people, to inspire and motivate them to reach their fullest potential.” – Denise Morrison
Most Inspiring Quotes about Leadership
You can either lead or be led by someone else. If you prefer the first option, don’t miss these inspiring quotes about leadership and leadership support.
- “Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and in actions.” – Harold S. Geneen
- “True leadership stems from individuality that is honestly and sometimes imperfectly expressed… Leaders should strive for authenticity over perfection.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “Power isn’t control at all–power is strength, and giving that strength to others. A leader isn’t someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others that they may have the strength to stand on their own.” – Beth Revis
- “Servant leadership pumps up the team with confidence, which leads to high-performance.” – Marcel Schwantes
- “It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down. All that matters is you get up one more time than you were knocked down.” – Roy T. Bennett
Wise Leadership Quotes from Famous Leaders
Do you want to get pieces of advice which really work? The best option would be to turn to those who have changed the world we live in today.
- “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell
- “The leader is one who, out of the clutter, brings simplicity… Out of discord, harmony… And out of difficult, opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
- “My jobs as a leader is to make sure everybody in the company has great opportunities, and that they feel they’re having a meaningful impact.” – Larry Page
- “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
- “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” – Ronald Reagan
Instructing Quotes about Being a Leader
Everyone who has something to do with management knows that being a real leader isn’t a piece of cake. Would you like to learn more about what it takes to be a leader? Start with these instructive quotes.
- “A leader is a dealer in hope.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
- “Listen with curiosity. Speak with honesty. Act with integrity. The greatest problem with communication is we don’t listen to understand. We listen to reply. When we listen with curiosity, we don’t listen with the intent to reply. We listen for what’s behind the words.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Employees of servant leaders are more helping and creative than those working with leaders who scored lower on servant leadership.” – Marcel Schwantes
- “I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Best Motivational Quotes on Leadership
One of the most important parts of being a leader is the ability to create a compelling yet realistic vision of the company’s future and motivate the team to work in this direction.
- “Leadership is not about a title or a designation. It’s about impact, influence and inspiration. Impact involves getting results, influence is about spreading the passion you have for your work, and you have to inspire team-mates and customers.” – Robin S. Sharma
- “The art of leadership is saying no, not yes. It is very easy to say yes.” –Tony Blair
- “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi
- “I have three precious things which I hold fast and prize. The first is gentleness; the second is frugality; the third is humility, which keeps me from putting myself before others. Be gentle and you can be bold; be frugal and you can be liberal; avoid putting yourself before others and you can become a leader among men.” – Lao Tzu
- “In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better.” – Harry Truman
Enlightening Quotes Answering a Question ‘What Is a Leader?’
Wondering what is it like to be a captain for your crew? Opt for quotes about the silent leader and quotes explaining what is a leader below.
- “It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” – Bill Gates
- “A leader is like a shepherd. He stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Outstanding leaders go out of the way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish.” – Sam Walton
- “Don’t follow the crowd, let the crowd follow you.” – Margaret Thatcher
Excellent Quotes about Being a True Team Leader
A leader is nobody without one’s team, but at the same time, a team can’t exist without a talented, determined and self-motivated leader.
- “Leading people is the most challenging and, therefore, the most gratifying undertaking of all human endeavors.” –Jocko Willink
- “Don’t tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.” – George Patton
- “Remember, teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” – Patrick Lencioni
- “The strength of the team is each member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson
- “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman
Positive Leadership Quotes for Students
Having a hard time coming up with the right words to teach students to be responsible and independent? Then educative quotes on leadership will definitely have a positive impact on them.
- “You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.” – Woodrow Wilson
- “The art of communication is the language of leadership.” – James Humes
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.” – Peter F. Drucker
- “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
Good Educational Quotes on Leadership
Learn if you have what it takes to be a good leader with these educational quotes on leadership.
- “Of all the things I’ve done, the most vital is coordinating those who work with me and aiming their efforts at a certain goal.” – Walt Disney
- “Ultimately, leadership is not about glorious crowning acts. It’s about keeping your team focused on a goal and motivated to do their best to achieve it, especially when the stakes are high and the consequences really matter. It is about laying the groundwork for others’ success, and then standing back and letting them shine.” – Chris Hadfield
- “The secret of leadership is simple: Do what you believe in. Paint a picture of the future. Go there. People will follow.” – Seth Godin
- “Ninety percent of leadership is the ability to communicate something people want.” – Dianne Feinstein
- “It’s hard to lead a cavalry charge if you think you look funny on a horse.”
― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Top Phrases Titled ‘Be a Leader’
A real leader knows when and how to use motivational quotes to get his/her team follow the lead.
- “Leadership is something you earn, something you’re chosen for. You can’t come in yelling, ‘I’m your leader!’ If it happens, it’s because the other guys respect you.” – Ben Roethlisberger,
- “Do what is right, not what is easy.”
- “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
- “One of the most important things for any leader is to never let anyone else define who you are. And you define who you are. I never think of myself as being a woman CEO of this company. I think of myself as a steward of a great institution.” – Ginni Rometty,
- “If you want to build something great, you should focus on what the change is that you want to make in the world.” – Mark Zuckerberg
Interesting Sayings about Boss Vs Leader
Being a boss is completely different from being a leader. Do you want to know the difference? If yes, go on reading these wonderful saying on boss vs leader.
- “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.” – Steve Jobs
- “Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand.” – Gen. Colin Powell
- “A boss loves power; a leader loves people.” – Amit Kalantri
- “There is a difference between being a leader and being a boss. Both are based on authority. A boss demands blind obedience; a leader earns his authority through understanding and trust.” – Klaus Balkenhol
- “A boss says “you do it”, a leader says “Let’s do it”.” – Amit Kalantri
Strong Leadership Philosophy Quotes
Being a leader is the science. These quotes contain strong leadership philosophy to help you get how leadership works.
- “Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them.” – John C. Maxwell
- “A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.” – Max Lucado
- “People who succeed at the highest level are not lucky; they’re doing something differently than everyone else.” – Tony Robbins
- “The teacher who awakens and encourages in students a sense of possibility and responsibility is, to me, the ultimate leader.” – Stanley McChrystal
- “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” – Rosalynn Carter
Successful Leader Quotes
Success comes to those who aren’t afraid to take risks and know how to make the best of the situation. Successful leader quotes will help you to deal with problems and succeed.
- “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Success is not how high you have climbed, but how you make a positive difference to the world.” – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
- “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
- “A strong leader avoids becoming over-confident to the point of impaired judgment.” – Daniel Lubetzky
- “To have long term success as a coach or in any position of leadership, you have to be obsessed in some way.” – Pat Riley
Short Leadership Quote of the Day
Form a new habit of learning something new every day. That’s when short leadership quotes of the day will definitely come in handy.
- “Above all, leadership is a position of servanthood.” – Max De Pree
- “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “You don’t need a title to be a leader.” – Mark Sanborn
- “Leaders come in two flavors, expanders and containers. The best leadership teams have a mix of both.” – Barbara Corcoran
- “Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it.” – David Star Jordan
Best Quotes on Management and Leadership
We’ve collected only the best quotes about leadership in business and management so you could pick your favorites.
- “The manager asks how and when; the leader asks what and why.” – Warren Bennis
- “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” – Peter Drucker
- “Leadership contains certain elements of good management, but it requires that you inspire, that you build durable trust. For an organization to be not just good but to win, leadership means evoking participation larger than the job description, commitment deeper than any job contract’s wording.” – Stanley A. McChrystal
- “I have no methods. All I do is accept people as they are.” – Joan Rivers
- “You manage things; you lead people.” – Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
Powerful Quotes on Leadership and Change
In this section, you will find the most powerful quotes and sayings about leadership and change from artists, philosophers, business and national leaders.
- “The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.” – Ken Blanchard
- “Leadership is not about the next election, it’s about the next generation.” – Simon Sinek
- “We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.” – J.K. Rowling
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader.” – Dolly Parton
Effective Quotes about Service and Leadership
If you are looking for some really functioning quotes about leadership, service and choosing a leader, opt for this part of our article.
- “The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves.” – Ray Kroc
- “Keep your fears to yourself, but share your inspiration with others.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” – Mother Teresa
Tutoring Quotes about Leadership Qualities
If you search for information about what traits and qualities a real leader should have, you are in the right place at the right time.
- “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” – Steve Jobs
- “The mark of a great man is one who knows when to set aside the important things in order to accomplish the vital ones.” – Brandon Sanderson
- “The ability to learn is the most important quality a leader can have.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “Communication is the most important skill any leader can possess.” – Richard Branson
- “Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them.” – John C. Maxwell
Fascinating Quotes about How to Be a Leader, Not a Follower
Getting bored reading long irrelevant texts about how to become a leader, not a follower? How about reading some truly fascinating quotes instead? Only relevant and useful information.
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
- “Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it.” – Unknown
- “He who cannot be a good follower cannot be a good leader.” – Aristotle
- “I’m not a follower. I’m a leader. And anyone who speaks their mind is always criticized.” – Tyler, ‘The Creator’
- “Leaders don’t create followers, they create more leaders.” – Tom Peters