Have you ever thought about what love is? It’s bright, great, deep, soft – you can never list all of its features. Even the experience of loving doesn’t allow us to explain the nature of this feeling. All we know is that it gives us wings and inspiration to create, to help, to be happy, to enjoy life. If there was no love, our word would be completely different: there would be no beautiful poems, novels, paintings, songs and movies inspired by love. It’s an unexplainable phenomenon, a separate reality we just can’t live without. Words are not enough to describe it, but there are some beautiful quotes that can help us understand the nature of this feeling. We tried to collect the wisest saying you can read, save, send to your soulmates and share on social networks. Even short love quotes can tell you more than you expected. Some of them were said by famous people, some by unknown authors, but all of them can move us closer to the understanding of love.
Table of Contents[show]
Simple Quotes about Love
People can’t live happily without love. It’s multifaceted: we love our parents, children, husbands and wives, our girlfriends and boyfriends. We love them in different, special ways. But, whatever the love, the true and pure feeling always means mutual understanding, deep respect, willingness to help, to protect, and, if necessary, to make sacrifices for the dearest ones. Only this force can heal the soul, save the life, make a person better than before. It’s incomprehensible, but people have always tried to explain it. We found the beautiful quotes, the authors of which succeed.
- “Love is almost never simple”
- “There is only one happiness in live – to love and to be loved.”
- “When someone else’s happiness is your happiness, that is love.”
- “Love one another and you will be happy. It’s as simple and as difficult as that.”
- “Love like there’s no tomorrow, and if tomorrow comes, love again.”
- “There is always some madness in love. But there is also some reason in madness.”
- “There is no simple love stories. If it’s simple, it’s not love. If it’s love, it’ll get complicated.”
It is us who create love. It’s not the result of fate or luck. Each of us can love and be loved, but we must learn how to share this feeling, how to make the life of our soulmates better. If it’s real, if it’s not just passion, you two will overcome all the difficulties, you will forgive each other everything because your happiness together is worth it. If in doubt, read this simple but amazing love quotes – they’ll explain everything!
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
- “A true love is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other.”
- “Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own”. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Where there is love there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Love is just a world until someone comes along and gives it meaning.”
- “Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you.” – Loretta Young
In Love Quotes
What do you feel when you are in love? How do you understand that it’s not just passion or affection? If a person seems beautiful, smart, and talented to you, this is not necessarily love. But if you know about someone’s disadvantages and bad personality traits but don’t stop loving him or her, this is it! People are not perfect, and that’s fine – all our traits make us unique. The force of love is manifested in the fact that we pay more attention to something positive, something pure, something that makes our hearts beat faster. If you understand this, if you appreciate someone’s presence in your life, send him or her one of these great love quotes. They’ll remind your soulmate that you’ll always be near!
- “I wish I could explain your eyes, and how the sound of your voice gives me butterflies. How your smile makes my heart skip a beat and how every time I’m with you, I feel so complete.”
- “I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn’t love myself.”
- “It’s not being in love that makes me happy. It is the person that I am in love with that does.”
- “I fell in love with you. Not for how you look, just for who you are.”
- “You wanna know who I’m in love with? Read the first word again.”
- “I know I am in love with you because my reality is finally better than in my dreams.”
- “I fell in love with you before I even realized I did.”
Love gives us the strength to do good things, to make the world better. When we feel it, everything around us seems beautiful and meaningful, life has sense, and even the everyday matters inspire! Now without reason love is considered to be the elixir of life – it reignites our life forces again and again. The simple but heartfelt quotes below describe it all and move us closer to what people write songs about.
- “It’s funny how we fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time.”
- “Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, falling in love with you was beyond my control!”
- “Fall in love with the person who enjoys your madness. Not an idiot who forces you to be normal!”
- “You give me the kind of feelings people write novels about.”
- “Don’t find love, let love find you. That’s why it’s called falling in love because you don’t force yourself to fall, you just fall.”
- “The best feeling in the world is being love back by the person you love.”
Inspirational Love Quotes
Have you ever thought about how would the world change if there was no love? Just imagine: the poets and writers would write about some other things, the songs would be written about work, the painters would be inspired by… food, buildings, or clothes? Sounds weird and silly, right? This strange alternative makes us think of the importance of love, of its infinite power. Probably, the most impressive thing about it is that it gives us motivation, gives us the will to live. So, if you are looking for something inspirational, fall in love! If you have already found your second half, just enjoy the great love quotes we found for you!
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”— Lucille Ball
- “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to be loved by the person you love… is everything.”
- “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” — Morrie Schwartz
- “The real power of a man is in the size of the smile of the woman he loves.”
- “Love is a friendship set to music.” — Joseph Campbell
- “The difference between “like”,“love”, and “in love” is the same as the difference between “for now”, “for a while” and “forever”.”
- “Love is deaf… you can’t just tell someone you love them. You have to show it.”
Sometimes we don’t see a reason to wake up in the morning, but when love comes, everything changes. The colors are brighter, the songs are louder, the world is more beautiful, and people are kinder! This inspiration can’t be compared to anything on Earth, that’s why it so precious. If you are lucky to see your soulmate every day, there is nothing else you can ask for. If not, just remember that love will find you whether you want it or not.
“I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” – Mother Teresa
- “You don’t need someone to complete you. You only need someone to accept you completely.”
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.”
- “It’s always nice to have someone in your life. That makes you smile even when they’re not around.”
- “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” – Ali MacGraw, Love Story
- “When someone loves you, they don’t have to say it. You can tell by the way they treat you.”
Great Love Phrases
Of course, the true happiness is possible only if love is mutual. Though, a lot of thinkers and philosophers claimed that if it’s not, it’s fake because the true feeling doesn’t exist without the response. We all suffered from breakups, partings, and quarrels, but they don’t prove that this is all for nothing. A few losses don’t prove that there will be no victory. They also don’t prove that the game isn’t worth playing. If you think that future is dark, and no one in the world will fall in love with you, forget about it right now. You never know when you’ll meet your second half. If you are lucky to have it, remind him or her that your feelings are forever with the help of the couple quotes below.
- “I just need you and some sunsets.”
- “Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for making me smile like crazy. Thank you for making me happy.”
- “You are my today and all of my tomorrows.” – Leo Christopher
- “If I had to choose between loving you and breathing I would use my last breath to say I love you.”
- “You are my favorite feelings.”
- “I love you, and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” – R. Scott Fitzgerald.
- “I look over at you and see sunshine.”
No one should underestimate the power of love. Do you remember Romeo and Juliette? Though this story got a sad ending, it showed us that only love can overcome any obstacles, hate, destiny, and even death itself. If you found your soulmate, you shouldn’t perceive everything that happens between you two as a daily matter. What you have is a miracle! Remind your beloved one of this simple but important nuance!
- “Go for someone who is proud to have you. Not because you’re pretty, but because they value you as a person” – Frank Ocean
- “Where is great love there are always miracles.”
- “Without respect, love is lost. Without caring, love is boring. Without honestly, Love is unhappy. Without trust, love is unstable.”
- “Love doesn’t grow on trees like apples in Eden – it’s something you have to make.”
- “Because of a great love, one is courageous.” – Lao Tzu
- “Love is not about how many days, months, or years you’ve been together. Love is about how much you love each other every day.”
Famous Love Quotes
All of us know that most of the artworks were inspired by love, but few of us understand that it also influenced a human thought. No one can count the words or even phrases, said about this indescribable feeling, this emotional phenomenon of the world. The famous people are not an exception. Even today their sayings inspire and support people who are in love and explain the nature of this feeling to those who are only going to open this new wonderful world. So, don’t miss a chance to know what the great people said about love! Enjoy the quotes below! Who knows, maybe they will change the picture of the Universe you have?
- “Gravity is not responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – When Harry Met Sally
- “There are 3 types of love: Love, you get over it in 2 months. Good love, you get over it in 2 years. But great love, it changes your life, forever.” – Angelica from “Win a Date With Tad Hamilton”
- “When love is real, it finds a way” – Avatar Roku.
- “Love cures people, both the ones who give it, and the ones who receive it.””Love is like the wind, you can’t see it, but you can feel it.” ― Nicholas Sparks”Love is the answer to everything. It’s the only reason to do anything. If you don’t write stories you love, you’ll never make it. If you don’t write stories that other people love, you’ll never make it.”— Ray Bradbury
What can sound more pleasant than the words of love? Do you remember the first time you heard the simple but the most significant phrase “I love you” from your second half? Do you remember that word changed in a single moment? Don’t you want your boyfriend or girlfriend, husband or wife to feel all these emotions one more time? If yes, just read the touching sayings below, choose one and share with your dearest person!
- “I still haven’t figured out how to sit across from you, and not be madly in love with everything you do.” – William C. Hannan
- “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J. Tolkien
- “And when you smile, I find a reason to live a little more…”
- “There is no remedy for love, but to love more.” – Thoreau
- “I would not wish any companion in the world but you.” – William Shakespeare
- “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to give – which is everything.”
What Is Love Quotes
A lot of people tried to find out what is love. After you sing “Baby don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me no more” take a minute and think what this feeling means to you personally? You can hardly find the full answer. It is the most complicated, mysterious and even paradoxical reality a man can face. It is unexplainable not because love and hate are close to each other (though it’s a moot point) but because you can never count emotions causes! You can’t calculate it, you can’t predict it, and you can’t avoid it. The only thing you can do is to be sensitive to follow all of its wishes, explain its changes, and enjoy its existence.
- “Love. What is love? No one can define it, it’s something so great, only God could desing it. Yes, love is beyond, what man can define, for love is immortal, and God’s gift is divine.”
- “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.”
- “Love is enjoying the simple things in life, together.”
- “Love is a more powerful force than magic. You can trick the mind and even the heart, but never the soul. When a person is not free to love with their soul, that is not love and that is why a love spell can never truly work.” ― Nikki Jefford, Entangled.Love is a meeting of two souls, fully accepting the dark and the light within each other, bound by the courage to grow through struggle into bliss.
- “At the beginning love is a fact, at the end it’s a theory” ― Bangambiki Habyarimana
- “Love is an unconditional commitment to an imperfect person. To love somebody isn’t just a strong feeling. It is a decision, a judgment and a promise.”
Ancient people considered love to be the gift from gods. In their opinion, this feeling made people closer to the guys from up. In medieval times it became a cult: knights fought for it, wars began because of it, artists and scientists created and invented for it. Consequently, in part, love is the moving force, the greatest inspiration and the most precious thing in the world.
- “If fear is the great enemy of intimacy, love is its true friend.”
- “Love is not an obsession or a delusion. Love exists in longing and appreciation.”
- “What is love? In chemistry: a reaction. In physics: a formula. In my life: you.”
- “Love ? Love is when you are ready to do every possible and positive thing for someone.”
- “Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.” – Andre Breton
- “Love is a treasure which can never pay. The only way to keep it is to give it away.”
Good Love Quotes
As it was already mentioned, this feeling has a lot of faces. It is friendship, it is respect, it is passion and even tragedy. Unfortunately, love is not always happiness and joy. It exists together with fear, pain, and jealousy. It can be said that these negative consequences come from the wrong understanding of love, wrong behavior, and lack of mutual understanding. Avoid these mistakes, try to save these beautiful feeling. Don’t let problems, people or circumstances separate you two – it’s the most important task you have. If you need some inspiration and help to do it, read the nice quotes about love – they will give you strength to overcome all the difficulties!
- “I don’t want anything from you at all. I just want to be the person you choose to sit next to in a room full with all the people you have known.”
- “Love is when one person knows all of you secrets, your deepest, darkest, most dreadful secrets of which no one else in the world knows… and yet in the end, that one person does not think any less of you; even if the rest of the world does.”
- “I didn’t choose to love you. It just happened.”
- “I have completely fallen for you. Everything you do, everything you say, everything you are. You’re my first thought in the morning, you’re my last thoughts before I fall asleep, and you’re almost every thought in between.”
- “If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes, only then would you realize how special you are to me.”
- “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
- “My heart is perfect because you are in it.”
Everything starts with love. Thought it’s a gift, you can’t just take it. You’ll have to learn how to love, how to respect, how to preserve the boundaries, how to support etc. However, at the same time, you shouldn’t view it as the hard work. This feeling is happiness, but you have to do something to save it. We, in turn, tried to collect the best couple quotes which are not only heartfelt but also meaningful. All you have to do is to read, enjoy and learn!
- When we first met I honestly had no idea that you would be so important to me.
- When you really love someone, age, miles, height, weight are just numbers.
- I don’t care if we talk about absolutely nothing, I just want to talk to you.
- Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.
- If I did anything right in my life, it was when I gave my heart to you.
- Whatever our souls are made of, yours and mine are the same.
Best Motivational Love Quotes
There is no denying the fact that life is complicated. The world is not perfect, and the only thing that can make it brighter and easier is love. If there was no love, humanity would be doomed: hatred, self-interest and other vices would destroy everything. This is the force which inspires us to be kind, to help people, to see the goodness in people, and to wake up with the smile in the morning! If now you feel frustrated and depressed, if your previous relationships ended badly, don’t lose hope. Everything will change one day. These quotes about loving someone will help you not to forget that.
- “One day, someone will love you the way you deserve to be love and you won’t have to fight for it.”
- “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” —Mother Teresa
- “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” ― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi
- “Love always brings difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy.”
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
- “What love we’ve given, we’ll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
No one can explain why people fall in love. Of course, there are some traits you like in other people, but what mix can cause not just passion or affection. Some people say that we can’t find the answer because it’s pure chemistry, some claim that we are animals which are attracted by smells, some argue that love is what is created by human mind. However, despite the existence of these theories, the question is still open to debate!
“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.”
- “Love is not what you say, love is what you do.”
- “All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “The more you are motivated by love, the more fearless and free your actions will be.”
- “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” – George Sand
- “Love. What is it truly? Love is a spiritual state, an intangible, often insatiable need to put one’s needs above your own. To provide peace, stability and smiles to those who have made the long transition from your mind to your heart.”
Positive Love Quotes and Sayings
Love can be compared with the beauty of the world in all its manifestations. Everything we enjoy: poetry, books, paintings, music is connected with this particular feeling. The best of human culture is inspired by love. It provokes a lot of other feelings and not all of them are good. Nothing really important can be got without any efforts. People should not turn love into passion, jealousy, or addiction. If you feel your second half needs inspiration or help, send him or her one of the below sayings – they will definitely make you beloved one smile. Don’t forget to save some just for yourself, maybe in the grey morning, they will cheer you up!
- “You are the first and last thing on my mind each and every day.”
- “The course of true love never did run smooth.”
- “Loving you was one of the best decisions of my life.”
- “Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to look at someone and smile for no reason.”
- “I like when you smile. But I love it when I’m the reason.”
- “How amazing is it to find someone who wants to hear about all the things that go on in your head.”
- “If I could have anyone in the world, it would still be you.”
We must stay strong and positive to make our own lives and the lives of our soulmates happy and colorful. If you are not a poet and it’s not easy to you to describe everything you feel deep in your soul, these simple but meaningful sayings will inspire you! Part of them is perfect to cheer your second half up, and the rest can help you understand the nature of this unexplainable phenomenon – love.
- “In a sea of people, my eyes will always search for you.”
- “I saw that you were perfect and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.”
- “Be with someone who won’t stay mad at you, who can’t stand not talking to you, and who’s afraid of losing you.”
- “When someone makes you the happiest person and the saddest person at the same time, that’s when it’s real. That’s when it’s worth something.”
- “Love is sweet when it’s new, but even sweeter when it’s true.”
- “I realized I was thinking of you, and I began to wonder how long you’d been on my mind. Then it occurred to me: since I met you, you’ve never left.”