As Shinedown sang: ‘Sometimes goodbye is a second chance’. It’s so true. No matter how desperately we want to hold on to the past, sometimes the best thing we can do is simply to get over it and finally move on.
The Greatest Quotes About Moving On in Life
One may discover that forgetting the past isn’t an easy task to do. But don’t give up too soon, because the greatest quotes about moving on in life will definitely help you.
- “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” – Guy Finley
- “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” – Steve Maraboli
- “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”– Steve Maraboli
- “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.” – Dave Pelzer
- “Pain will leave you, when you let go.” – Jeremy Aldana
Inspirational Quotes About Change in Life and Moving On
- “Here’s to the Future, because I’m done with the Past.”– Anonymous
- “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” – Carrie Underwood
- “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” – Seneca
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.”– Lao Tzu
- “Giving up doesn’t mean you are weak …sometimes it means you are strong enough to let go.”
- “Sometimes people come into your life just to teach you how to let go.”
Motivational Quotes Saying ‘It’s Time to Move On’
If you want to live your life to the fullest, you need to leave your past in the past and start from scratch. Motivational quotes will give you a helping hand so you could achieve this goal.
- “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”– J.P. Morgan
- “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” – Ernie Harwell
- “It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.” – Steve Maraboli
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”– Joseph Campbell
- “I think it’s important to have closure in any relationship that ends – from a romantic relationship to a friendship. You should always have a sense of clarity at the end and know why it began and why it ended. You need that in your life to move cleanly into your next phase.” – Jennifer Aniston
- “Life moves on and so should we.” –Spencer Johnson
The Best Inspirational Quotes About Moving On
Only strong and fearless people choose not to bother about the past because they know that the best is yet to come. Read inspirational quotes about moving on and become this person.
- “I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.” – Jeffrey McDaniel
- “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever “the old” means for you.”– Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.”– Ann Lander
- “I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.” – Fridtjof Nansen
- “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
- “If I kept saying it; if I kept reaching out. My accident really taught me just one thing: the only way to go on is to go on. To say ‘I can do this’ even when you know you can’t.” – Stephen King
Wonderful Quotes About Being a Strong Woman and Moving On
Everybody has their own ups and downs in life. Whenever you feel down or unmotivated, quotes about being a strong woman and moving on will be there for you.
- “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, d’I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.”– Joel Osteen
- “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “A competitive and insecure woman will tell you that “true love” is never giving up on someone you’re in love with. A confident and spiritual woman knows that “moving on” doesn’t mean you never loved someone. She realizes that letting go is what God needs her to do because both your happiness and hers requires taking different journeys for spiritual growth. Letting go is sometimes the hardest thing, but it is the most “real love” you will ever experience.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “I thought, possibly, that what I really needed was to go where nobody knew me and start over again, with none of my previous decisions, conversations, or expectations coming with me.” – Maggie Stiefvater
- “My life is about ups and downs, great joys and great losses.” – Isabel Allende
- “I do a good job of staying positive and just moving on.” – Katie Taylor
Funny Quotes About Moving On and Being Happy with Your Life
Don’t be too serious if you are trying to move on in life. It’s not a secret that laughter is the best remedy.
- “I can’t go on. I’ll go on.” – Samuel Beckett
- “Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.” –Victoria Holt
- “Is there a cure for a broken heart? Only time can heal your broken heart, just as time can heal his broken arms and legs.” – Miss Piggy
- “Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.” – Tori Amos
- “Who can’t relate to the idea of leaving one chapter behind and moving on to the next?” – Mike Shinoda
- “Even a rock moves on.”– Anthony Liccione
Good Quotes About Moving On After Failed Relationships
We all have been there. Your heart is broken, lost love doesn’t let you sleep at night and you feel like there’s no tomorrow. Thankfully, there are some good quotes to cheer you up.
- “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.”
– Deborah Reber
- “It was strange, really. A couple months ago, I had thought I couldn’t live without him. Apparently I could.” – Gabrielle Zevin
- “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on.” – Tupac Shakur
- “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” – Mandy Hale
- The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.” –Faraaz Kazi
- “There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go.”
Life-changing Quotes to Help You Leave the Past Behind
No matter how hard it seems to move on and leave the past behind, you need to do that for the sake of yourselves. Let these life-changing quotes be the first step in the new version of you.
- “Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it.” – Ginni Rometty
- “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.”– Lyndon B. Johnson
- “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.”– Alyson Noel
- “You can’t look back – you just have to put the past behind you, and find something better in your future.” – Jodi Picoult
- “You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.” – Johnny Cash
- “Forget the past.” – Nelson Mandela
Incredible Short Sayings About Growing Up and Moving On by Famous Authors
If you find it hard to keep going in your life, get ready to move on thanks to these incredible short sayings about growing up and moving on.
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” –Hermann Hesse
- “Moving on is easy. It’s staying moved on that’s trickier.” – Katerina Stoykova Klemer
- “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.”– Nicholas Sparks
- “You only struggle because you’re ready to grow but aren’t willing to let go.” – Drew Gerald
- “Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past.” – Dan Brown
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
Nice Quotes Saying that ‘It’s Time to Move Forward’
If you constantly pity yourself, find excuses for not doing anything to change the situation, it’s really sad. Your life’s in your hands and you can start changing today. With these quotes, it’s easier to do.
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”– Dr. Seuss
- “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.”– Robert Downey Jr.
- “Moving on, is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard.” – Dave Mustaine
- “It’s not a matter of letting go – you would if you could. Instead of “Let it go” we should probably say “Let it be”.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Keep on beginning and failing. Each time you fail, start all over again, and you will grow stronger until you have accomplished a purpose – not the one you began with perhaps, but one you’ll be glad to remember.”– Anne Sullivan
- “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.”– Jack Kornfield
Positive Quotes About Moving On from Toxic Friends
Don’t let anybody decide what to do with your own life. If you know that the time has come and you need to leave some so-called friends behind, positive quotes about moving on from toxic friends are exactly what you need.
- “Sometimes you have to move on without certain people. If they’re meant to be in your life, they’ll catch up.”– Mandy Hale
- “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.”– Deepak Chopra
- “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
- “If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don’t, they never were.” – Khalil Gibran
- “The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.” – Ulysses S. Grant
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
Amazing Quotes About Moving On and Letting Go
Get the best out of the situation and learn life lessons if you want to be really happy in life. You can start with these amazing quotes about moving on and letting go.
- “Holding on is believing that there’s a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” – Daphne Rose Kingm
- “I think that you never fall out of love with somebody, you just let go and move on.” – Ashley Rickards
- “Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.” – Jackson Kiddard
- “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.”– C. JoyBell
- “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass – It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.”– Vivian Greene
- “People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what’s bitter and move on.”– Bill Cosby