At some point music always has a massive impact on a person’s life. No matter if you prefer listening to vinyl records, or download your favorite tunes on your phone, you will love these awesome quotes and phrases from famous musicians and non-musicians who find their inspiration in music.
Interesting Quotes About a Good Song
Have you ever listened to a song and thought to yourself: “Wait… This line describes my whole life!”? We bet you have. That’s why those songs are called good ones.
- “A good song takes on more meaning as the years pass by.” – Bruce Springsteen
- “A good song should give you a lot of images; you should be able to make your own little movie in your head to a good song.” – Tom Petty
- “If it’s a good song and it fits me, that’s what I’m going to do, I’m not out there trying to change the world. I’m just out there trying to sing country music the best way I can.” – George Strait
- “I never have any problem getting enthusiastic with a good song and a good band.” – Waylon Jennings
- “I keep reminding people that an editorial in rhyme is not a song. A good song makes you laugh, it makes you cry, it makes you think.” – Pete Seeger
- “If it’s a good song, it doesn’t really matter if it’s trendy or not. It will hit.” – Tablo
The Most Inspirational Music Quotes
Not just music inspires people for great achievements, quotes about music can do the same thing too.
- “Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent” – Victor Hugo
- “Where words leave off, music begins.” – Heinrich Heine
- “Without music, life would be a blank to me.” – Jane Austen
- “Music is the strongest form of magic.” – Marilyn Manson
- “Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” – Berthold Auerbach
- “A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.” – Leopold Stokowski
Fascinating Quotes About Love to Music
For some people, words ‘music’ and ‘love’ are basically synonyms. For this reason, we’ve rounded up these fascinating quotes about love to music.
- “How is it that music can, without words, evoke our laughter, our fears, our highest aspirations?” – Jane Swan
- “Where words fail, music speaks.” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “Notes and words strung together in excellence can raise us to our feet or push us to our knees.” – Gwen Smith
- “If music be the food of love, play on.” – William Shakespeare
- “Music is a thing that changes people’s lives. It has the capacity to make young people’s lives better.” – Noel Gallagher
- “Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.” – Maya Angelou
The Greatest and most Famous Music Quotes
Perhaps you’ve read these quotes a hundred times before but even a million wouldn’t be enough. So here they go – the greatest famous music quotes.
- “The only truth is music.” – Jack Kerouac
- “Music is powerful. As people listen to it, they can be affected. They respond.” – Ray Charles
- “If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: ‘The only proof he needed for the existence of god was music.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- “Music is what tell us that the human race is greater than we realize.” – Napoléon Bonaparte
- “Music makes one feel so romantic – at least it always gets on one’s nerves – which is the same thing nowadays.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music.” – Ronald Reagan
Cute Quotes from Popular Songs
What would our teenage years be without heart-melting pop songs? Even if you are not in your teens anymore, you will love these cute quotes from pop songs.
“Imagine there’s no countries
It isn’t hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You may say that I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope someday you’ll join us
And the world will be as one”
― John Lennon, “Imagine”
- “I will survive! Oh as long as I know how to love I know I will stay alive!” – Gloria Gaynor “I Will Survive”
“I hear babies cry,
I watch them grow,
They’ll learn much more,
Than I’ll ever know.
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful World” – Louis Armstrong “What a Wonderful World”
“I just called to say I love you
I just called to say how much I care
I just called to say I love you
And I mean it from the bottom of my heart”
“I hope you don’t mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you’re in the world”
-Elton John ‘Your song’
“It’s my life
and it’s now or never!
Cause I ain’t gonna live forever,
I just want live while I’m alive
It’s my life!” – Bon Jovi “It’s My Life”
The Best ‘Music Is Life’ Sayings
Have you been searching for a catchy slogan on music in English? You won’t do without some of the best sayings proving that music is life.
- “If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week.” – Charles Darwin
- “Music is the divine way to tell beautiful, poetic things to the heart..” –
- “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.” –
- “Life seems to go on without effort when I am filled with music.” – George Eliot
- “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” – Plato
- “Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” – Keith Richards
Positive Short Music Phrases
We guarantee that these positive short musical phrases and music one-liners will bring a smile to your face. Read them and make sure it’s true.
- “Music is a weapon in the war against unhappiness.” – Jason Mraz
- “Music is my religion.” – Jimi Hendrix
- “Without music, life would be a mistake.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Music is the shorthand of emotion.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Music is well said to be the speech of angels.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Music is the soundtrack of your life.” – Dick Clark
Wonderful Quotes About Music Education
Learning music seems hard and impossible. To make the process of learning easier for you, we’ve collected these wonderful quotes about music education.
- “Music is a proud, temperamental mistress. Give her the time and attention she deserves, and she is yours. Slight her and there will come a day when you call and she will not answer. So I began sleeping less to give her the time she needed.” – Patrick Rothfuss
- “Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.” – Plato
- “Music is an element that should be part and parcel of every child’s life via the education system.” – Victoria Wood
- “Music… can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable.” –
- “Music education opens doors that help children pass from school into the world around them – a world of work, culture, intellectual activity, and human involvement. The future of our nation depends on providing our children with a complete education that includes music.” – Gerald R. Ford
- “Music is a more potent instrument than any other for education.” – Plato
The Most Beautiful Quotes About Classical Music
Do you want to know what did famous classical music composers say about music? Read the most beautiful quotes about classical music and find out.
- “Music is like a dream. One that I cannot hear.” – Ludwig van Beethoven
- “The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- “Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life.” – Ludwig van Beethoven
- “Imagination creates reality.” – Richard Wagner
- “I haven’t understood a bar of music in my life, but I have felt it.” – Igor Stravinsky
Great Quotes from Famous Musicians About Life
Have you got your favorite singer, musician or composer? Well, you just can’t miss these great quotes about life from famous musicians.
- “I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.” – Jimi Hendrix
- “I may not believe in myself, but I believe in what I’m doing.” – Jimmy Page
- “Music is spiritual. The music business is not.” – Van Morrison
- “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” – Kurt Cobain
- “If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.” – John Lennon
- “When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.” – Jimi Hendrix
Motivational Music Quotes
If you enjoy listening to music the way we do, you will definitely enjoy reading the motivational music quotes.
- “Music is a way to dream together and go to another dimension.” – Cecilia Bartoli
- “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.” – Aldous Huxley
- “The power of music makes all the difference to me with motivation throughout the day.” – Paul Brodie
- “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.” – Johnny Depp
- “Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends.” –
Alphonse de Lamartine
- “He took his pain and turned it into something beautiful. Into something that people connect to. And that’s what good music does. It speaks to you. It changes you.” – Hannah Harrington
Simple Music Quotes to Bring Joy to Your Soul
Music is all about emotions you can experience while you are listening to it.
- “High ends, high spending. We just trying to end life on a high note.” – Big Sean
- “Music is to the soul what words are to the mind.” – Modest Mouse
- “Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.” – Lao Tzu
- “Music is an outburst of the soul.” – Frederick Delius
- “Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit, and never dies.” – Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- “Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife.” – Kahlil Gibran
Inspirational Quotes by Famous Bands and Singers
Even one word from a song of your favorite music band can change the whole life direction. If this hasn’t happened to you yet, read these inspirational quotes by famous bands.
- “Music can change the world because it can change people.” – Bono U2
- “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley
- “Music expresses what cannot be put into words I like to think, and I think the band makes a good go at it.” – Steven Tyler ‘Aerosmith’
- “We learned pretty early on in this band that you can’t have snobbery in music.” –Mike Shinoda ‘Linkin Park’
- “I have so much music inside me I’m just trying to stay afloat. I don’t tend to write for a particular band – you have to just write the songs and then let God into the room and let the music tell you what to do.” – Jack White ‘The White Stripes’
- “Lose your dreams and you might lose your mind.” – Mick Jagger ‘The Rolling Stones”
Interesting Small Quotes Tagged ‘Music Heals’
Some say that music helps to heal soul wounds and so do these small quotes about music.
- “I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music.” – Billy Joel
- “Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit, and never dies.”
– Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- “Music should be healing. Music should uplift the soul. Music should inspire.” – Hazrat Inayat Khan
- “Music was a healing thing for me.” – Andrea Bocelli
- “Music is the message of peace, and music only brings peace.” – Zubin Mehta
- “Music brings a warm glow to my vision, thawing mind and muscle from their endless wintering.” – Haruki Murakami
Awesome Quotes About Love of Listening to Music
Who would miss the chance of sharing music with one’s friends? How about sharing these awesome quotes about the love of listening to music as well?
- “A song is a favorite song, not because the singer can hit and hold a high note, but because of the words, their meaning.” – Taylor Swift
- “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” – Robert Fripp
- “You have to, take a deep breath. and allow the music to flow through you. Revel in it, allow yourself to awe. When you play allow the music to break your heart with its beauty.” – Kelly White
- “Good music is good music, and everything else can go to hell.” – Dave Matthews
- “I was fairly poor but most of my money went for wine and classical music. I loved to mix the two together.” – Charles Bukowski
- “When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.” – Henry David Thoreau
Cool Deep Quotes About Music
We just can’t get enough of music quotes and how about you? Are you ready to read some profound quotes on music?
- “Music drives you. It wakes you up, it gets you pumping. And, at the end of the day, the correct tune will chill you down.” – Dimebag Darrell
- “Music is the universal language of mankind.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Music is a great natural high and a great natural escape.” – Shania Twain
- “I need music. It’s like my heartbeat, so to speak. It keeps me going no matter what’s going on – bad games, press, whatever!” – LeBron James
- “If one should desire to know whether a kingdom is well governed, if its morals are good or bad, the quality of its music will furnish the answer.” – Confucius
- “Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.” – Hans Christian Andersen
Profound Quotes About the Importance of Music
There’s no need to prove the importance of music to a true music lover. However, those of you who still have a doubt in this statement should check these quotes out.
- “I believe 100 percent in the power and importance of music.” – James Taylor “Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.” – Confucius
- “Music is forever; music should grow and mature with you, following you right on up until you die.” – Paul Simon
- “Music is the great uniter. An incredible force. Something that people who differ on everything and anything else can have in common.” – Sarah Dessen
- “Music is the fourth great material want, first food, then clothes, then shelter, then music.” – Christian Nestell Bovee
- “A man should hear a little music […] in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Life seems to go on without effort when I am filled with music.” – George Eliot