Sun embraces you in its warmth tenderly. The light buzz of bees is coming from outside your window. The aromas of wildflowers fill in your living room. Summer can easily claim to be the best season of the year. It is not only bright and sunny, but also colorful and joyful. We enjoy spending the dog days of summer sunbathing on the white sand of beautiful beaches or swimming in crystal clear water of warm seas.
With the end of school and working days, here comes summertime with its barbeques in the backyard, long evening walks with your better half, refreshing cold drinks with friends, summer camps, first love and a lot of other nice things. It is such a great time because it brings adventures and travels.
You can’t wait till summer comes? Famous summertime sayings will help you to shorten the days of waiting. Looking for some extra inspiration to celebrate the sunniest of seasons with your friends? Short funny summer quotes and beautiful summer vacation quotes are exactly what you need at the moment.
Maybe you had the best summer in your life? Well, quotes about missing summer as well as the end of summer quotes won’t let you forget it.
Are you planning to have the best summer in your life? Well, quotes about missing summer are exactly what you need to transform your plans into reality.
Sometimes you just need no reason to enjoy reading happy summer quotes about hot days. Otherwise, what else would bring you that amazing summery spirit?
A single word “summer” can evoke a raging whirlwind of positive emotions and a genuine feeling of joy. If you are ready to experience these things right now, take a minute to look through the best summer quotes.
Cute and Funny Summer Quotes
- Salt in the air, sand in my hair.
- The tans will fade but the memories will last forever.
- Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.
- Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.
- A lot of parents pack up their troubles and send them off to summer camp.
- If summer had one defining scent, it’d definitely be the smell of barbecue.
- Summer vacation: where you drink triple, see double and act single.
- It’s summer. If you’re not barefoot, then you’re overdressed.
- August is like the Sunday of summer.
- One benefit of summer was that each day we had more light to read by.
Famous Short Summer Quotes
- In summer, the song sings itself.
- With no effort on my part it became summer.
- A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows.
- Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
- One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter.
- Ah, summer what power you have to make us suffer and like it.
- A life without love is like a year without summer.
- What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.
- The bigger the summer vacation the harder the fall.
- Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.
- In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.
Inspirational Quotes about Summer
- Summer will end soon enough, childhood as well.
- Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you.
- The summer night is like a perfection of thought.
- How sweet I roamed from field to field, and tasted all the summer’s pride.
- Hold summer in your hand, pour summer in a glass, a tiny glass of course, the smallest tingling sip, for children; change the season in your veins by raising glass to lip and tilting summer in.
- Summers had a logic all their own and they always brought something out in me. Summer was supposed to be about freedom and youth and no school and possibilities and adventure and exploration. Summer was a book of hope. That’s why I loved and hated summers. Because they made me want to believe.
- Summer was our best season: it was sleeping on the back screened porch in cots, or trying to sleep in the treehouse; summer was everything good to eat; it was a thousand colors in a parched landscape; but most of all, summer was Dill.
- Why is summer mist romantic and autumn mist just sad?
- Summer is a promissory note signed in June, its long days spent and gone before you know it, and due to be repaid next January.
- Smell the sea, and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly.
The Best Happy Summer Quotes
- Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair…
- Overhead hung a summer sky furrowed with the rush of rockets; and from the east a late moon, pushing up beyond the lofty bend of the coast, sent across the bay a shaft of brightness which paled to ashes in the red glitter of the illuminated boats.
- Among the delights of Summer were picnics to the woods.
- Summer would not last forever; he knew it and Ronia knew it. But now they began to live as if it would, and as far as possible they pushed away all painful thoughts of winter.
- She smelled of sun and daisies with a hint of river water.
- Summer has always been my favorite season. I feel happier.
- They’ll never never never take the summer away from me.
- Summer is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces up, snow is exhilarating; there is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.
- Again and again, the cicada’s untiring cry pierced the sultry summer air like a needle at work on thick cotton cloth.
- The morning had dawned clear and cold, with a crispness that hinted at the end of summer.
Cute Summer Sayings to Share with Friends
- Dandelion wine. The words were summer on the tongue. The wine was summer caught and stoppered…sealed away for opening on a January day with snow falling fast and the sun unseen for weeks…
- Cause a little bit of summer is what the whole year is all about.
- Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer’s day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented.
- I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.
- The grill is the summer equivalent of a fireplace; everyone gravitates to it.
- Sitting under a tree in a park in the summer, listening to birds and squirrels chirping while reading a good book is priceless.
- Keep calm and enjoy summer.
- If you want to imagine the future, imagine a boy and his dog and his friends. And a summer that never ends.
- The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world’s joy.
- The morning heat had already soaked through the walls, rising up from the floor like a ghost of summers past.
Good Hot Summer Days Quotes
- Hot weather opens the skull of a city, exposing its white brain, and its heart of nerves, which sizzle like the wires inside a lightbulb. And there exudes a sour extra-human smell that makes the very stone seem flesh-alive, webbed and pulsing.
- But in summer, welcoming summer, the rocks are soft-fledged with moss. The forest floor is bouncy with fresh shoots and enthusiastic blooms; the twisted angles of the branches are laced by bud and leaf.
- Summer is calling me with the music of an ocean breeze, so I must go dance with the waves of love.
- Friends, sun, sand, and sea, that sounds like a summer to me.
- I have only to break into the tightness of a strawberry, and I see summer – its dust and lowering skies.
- For one swallow does not make a summer, nor does one day; and so too one day, or a short time, does not make a man blessed and happy.
- There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.
- Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink in the wild air.
- The perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.
Beautiful Summertime Quotes
- Summertime is always the best of what might be.
- Early summer days are a jubilee time for birds. In the fields, around the house, in the barn, in the woods, in the swamp – love and songs and nests and eggs.
- Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun.
- Oh, magical summer time, It can make you happy or blue something that leaves one’s heart reeling , Looking for that feeling every single day …
- A man says a lot of things in summer he doesn’t mean in winter.
- When the winter comes, the summer shines infinitely in our hearts!
- Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time.
- Sometimes, in the summer, I just step out of my home, and I see all these people – Montreal is like El Dorado. It doesn’t exist. It’s so perfect and beautiful and multicultural and chill and fun.
- What if winters were only there to make flowers bloom and not to see them dying in summer heat?
- Sometimes you just have to go with the waves.
Summer Phrases to Make Your Summer Vacation Better
- When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.
- Summer afternoon – summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.
- I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.
- If it could only be like this always – always summer, always alone, the fruit always ripe and Aloysius in a good temper…
- When all else fails, take a vacation.
- A summer vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.
- At these times, the things that troubled her seemed far away and unimportant: all that mattered was the hum of the bees and the chirp of birdsong, the way the sun gleamed on the edge of a blue wildflower, the distant bleat and clink of grazing goats.
- When the sun rises, it rises for everyone.
- Relief washed over me like that first air- conditioned breeze on a hot summer day.
- Some of the best memories are made in flip flops.
Collection of the Best Summer Night Quotes
- Even so, there were times I saw freshness and beauty. I could smell the air, and I really loved rock ‘n’ roll. Tears were warm, and girls were beautiful, like dreams. I liked movie theaters, the darkness and intimacy, and I liked the deep, sad summer nights.
- The summer night was settling upon the neighborhood like a dark lace veil, casting dappled shadows on the roofs and sidewalks and lawns.
- Summer has filled her veins with light and her heart is washed with noon.
- Hot summer nights, mid-July, when you and I were wild.
- Oh, the summer night, has a smile of light, and she sits on a sapphire throne.
- Summertime. It was a song. It was a season. I wondered if that season would ever live inside of me.
- I have lived pain, and my life can tell: I only deepen the wound of the world when I neglect to give thanks the heavy perfume of wild roses in early July and the song of crickets on summer humid nights and the rivers that run and the stars that rise and the rain that falls and all the good things that a good God gives.
- And then, one fairy night, May became June.
- Summer. Hair gets lighter. Skin gets darker. Water gets warmer. Drinks get colder. Music gets louder. Nights get longer. Life gets better.
- It was rapture enough just to sit there beside him in silence, alone in the summer night in the white splendor of moonshine, with the wind blowing down on them out of the pine woods.
The First Day of Summer Quotes to Celebrate The Sunny Season
- If June was the beginning of a hopeful summer, and July the juice middle, August was suddenly feeling like the bitter end.
- And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.
- It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.
- It was early summer. And everything, as it always does, began to heave and change.
- What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.
- Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air, and you.
- If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.
- This summer put your phone away for a few days. Make some memories that no one knows about. Make some memories that are just yours.
- Here comes summer, the most cheerful of seasons.
- I wish it was like this forever. I wish summer would never end.